The Awesomeness of Leader Class Jetfire

cliffjumping jazz

I was thinking about to get or not this figure and this thread even makes me more confused.

My pros to get it

- it looks great combined with Prime. I got prime already

- blackbird mode looks nice

- I like the old man figure with walking stick.

My cons

- People says that it limits articulation of Prime when combined. Looks stiff.

- the combine mode is not CGI accurate. It should be some parts of jetfire only, not entire jetfire

- I don't like side and under view of Black Bird. it looks like a robot is hiding underneath.

see? it's 3 pros to 3 cons.. :doh

Or you could get the Legends Jetfire to go with Legends Prime. I find that at $4-6, virtually any flaw can be overlooked. Sure that Jetfire just becomes a rocket pack for Prime, but it looks cool, and the combo costs less than $10, instead of $90. Not saying Leader Prime isn't cool, I'm just making a suggestion that will minimize any potential buyer's remorse.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have yet to see Jetfire in a store. After weighing on whether to order him or not (I like to hunt the stores) he's sold out on the Hasbro toy shop!!!!! I live in Missouri so I don't know if it's just taking a little longer for them to trickle into the Midwest or not. Anybody in the Midwest had any luck? I want him badly...

Burger King Prime/Jetfire combined fig: $2*. Just sayin'.

*plus tax

*plus tax

I bought Legends Prime and Jetfire. They look nice on my desk at work (combined of course), but not quite the grandness of the Leader class figs. I'm sure I'll find that old fart at some point, but patience is NOT one of my greater attributes. Glad to hear you found one John 4:16. Maybe my local Target got some as well. The hunt continues.... :tflaugh

*plus tax

I bought Legends Prime and Jetfire. They look nice on my desk at work (combined of course), but not quite the grandness of the Leader class figs. I'm sure I'll find that old fart at some point, but patience is NOT one of my greater attributes. Glad to hear you found one John 4:16. Maybe my local Target got some as well. The hunt continues.... :tflaugh

I just found mine at Target on the way to work today. I'm in Wichita, KS, FWIW Wildrider. It was the only one on the shelf at Target. I had checked 2 other Walmarts on the way. I'd say the Midwest can sometimes be a couple weeks to a month behind on shipments we may see from our fellow boardmates. Sometimes they're early... but not usually. I'd frequent the stores that seem to move stock more/have more open shelf space. One of the Walmarts I check always has their shelves FULL of early waves.

I was glad he showed in Target instead of Walmart... I needed to burn a gift card!

Good luck

Well, I have tried twice to transform Jetfire. I got pissed off and had to stop before I threw something. The damn Hasbro "instructions" aren't worth a squirt of piss. I wanted to try for combining with Prime, but apparently that's not happening anytime soon. I guess I am getting dumber in my old age. The only Transformers I have that I can't transform or don't want to transform are from ROTF.

Leader Optimus Prime: Got mad and gave up.

Soundwave: Only looks good as a bot and his alt modes are absolute Bionicle pants.

Ravage: Only looks good as a bot, and alt mode is just a folded up Ravage so there's no point.

Jetfire: Got mad and gave up.

I guess I'm just too much of a mean old fart now. I love these toys, but damn.

-JT

THIS made me laugh SO frickin hard :lol I almost gave up on Prime myself after almost 2 hrs but i have since figured him out to a tee (kinda once locked in place) in about 10 mins a time or less. Hint; watch peaugh's reviews. ;) BUt soooo true . :D

Im on the fence with Jetfire. I love to transform my bots and get good at it for playability wise this looks good, but if he didnt combine with my already owned Prime i would say no. Since this thread (reading all of it) i think i will get him one day and stay with voyager Megs. Maybe.

Thanks for all the insight guys :thumb

I got one a week or so ago, and I like 'em! Yes, there's the whole thing with his robot mode on his undercarrage and all of that... but since I'd finally gotten around to picking up Universe Silverbolt about a week prior to that, I think I desensitised myself with the more extreme example! :tflaugh

My big problem with him, and maybe mine just has some lose leg joints or something, is that he can be a bitch to get into a decent pose in robot mode that doesn't fall over. But seeing as I purchased him mainly as an accessory to Prime, and 99% of the time that shall be how he is displayed, I don't loose any sleep over it or anything.

Archived