The Awesomeness of Leader Class Jetfire

cliffjumping jazz

FWIW, some quick calculations reveal Jetfire to be roughly 1:76th scale, w/ Leader Prime about 1:32nd. Therefore, Jetfire is less than half the size he should be to properly scale to Leader Prime. Legends Prime will be way too small, I wonder about FAB Prime?

None of this, BTW, takes away from Jetfire's stand-alone awesomeness.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance of a full side shot in VM? Too many 3/4 shots..

why not?

:yay Looks sleek but like he is carrying some SOPHISTICATED weaponry underslung..

Some comparison shots with Leader Optimus prime both in vehicle mode would be nice too.

:eek

Although in the film the scale works anyway because:

He doesnt really combine with Prime, he only donates a few choice parts

yes, this is also the reason combined mode is so underwhelming, the movie just had parts attatched to prime, for the figure, there's whole damn robot on his back, so it's understandable why the combined mode never had a chance to match the on-screen awesomeness

yea if they atleast tried to break the robot down to parts instead of having a full fledge combination then it would be more screen accurate, but that would probably not work too well with that giant voice box

yea if they atleast tried to break the robot down to parts instead of having a full fledge combination then it would be more screen accurate, but that would probably not work too well with that giant voice box

"OR"... do like they did the constructicons... and have a Jetfire that transforms to single bot mode only... "AND" have another Jetfire/Prime pack - that is simply made to be his pack-pack and doesn't form a robot or any other mode. Personally, I would have liked that even better than being broken down into parts.

I guess i'm in the minority here... or.. i'm expecting way too much as I get older. Maybe it's my affinity to the BT line.. I dunno... but I have to say.. I am "NOT" liking this jet fire.

I mean, from the top view - he is absolutely AWESOME! But the fact you can't even look at him from the 'side' with all that non-plane showing thru majorly majorly takes away from it. AT least the undercarriage look on a car, is covered by the doors/sides/ etc. When I first saw the photos, i'm thinking - ok, well, I can keep him in plane mode and he will look ok. Now i'm not liking either mode.

I am so LOOKING for a reason to buy these ROTF toys, and I am really left underwhelmed. I have been on the fence about even getting leader primes/megatron -- and given the lack of supporting cast, I am having a hard time justifying the money. Primes pretty much the same - when you consider i'm not interested in displaying him with jetfire now. Megatron has the tank mode instead of spaceship, which is a draw - but who am I getting with him? A repainted starscream? I don't know.. I am so on the fence of just keeping my 2007 movie original characters on disaplay, and ending my Movie collecting right there. Which with the end of Alt/Bt as well - the "ONLY" characters i'd be after are the MP's. Feels a lot like 1986, when TFers were becoming a disinterest anymore with the direction they had gone. :(

Whether or not you get Jetfire, RotF Leader class Prime is definitely worth it. It's a much more movie accurate representation of the character in his robot mode, vehicle mode and transformation. As for Megatron, I went with the Voyager class mold for that very same reason. I wish that Hasbro had used the Voyager class design for the Leader class.

Whether or not you get Jetfire, RotF Leader class Prime is definitely worth it. It's a much more movie accurate representation of the character in his robot mode, vehicle mode and transformation. As for Megatron, I went with the Voyager class mold for that very same reason. I wish that Hasbro had used the Voyager class design for the Leader class.

yes it's definitely evident that the voyager versions are designed after the leaders, because not only do they have a later release but they are far more accurate, this was also true for movie 1 prime who had a much more accurate voyager

Getting a leader prime... then a voyager megatron... makes no sense to me... if I have to do that... i'll save the money and get neither one... if Hasbro can't get their chit together... they don't want my money. I'll get leader both (to match the leaders from before) or i'll get neither... i actually WANT to get them... but i'm having a hard time talking myself into it. The more and more QC issues.. and poor kibble.. poor representation... etc.... I'm starting to feel about the toys the same way I did about the 2nd movie now. I am leaning towards just keeping my 1st movie stuff and saving my money for the next MP that comes out.

As far as Jetfire goes - color me unimpressed. Bot mode isn't that great.. and in plane mold looks AWESOME from overhead.. but not from any side or bottom. Not sold on it yet.

Archived