The Awesomeness of Leader Class Jetfire

cliffjumping jazz

so i picked this guy up last night at walmart, and i'm pleasantly surprised

got him out of the box after many pointless twist ties, the kibble is obviously excessive but surprisingly does little hindering of poseability, and he looks rather menacing, he has a hidden button on his keester for another sound feature besides his Mech-alive, he's not extremely movie-accurate but still fun

getting into jet mode can be a hassle, you'll definitely want to refer to the instructions a few times but the payoff is well worth it, he's huge, the kibble can be annoying but it manages to come together well, this may be the most realistic blackbird TF we'll ever get

(BIG) :eek

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally of course is combined mode with optimus,this feels more like a bonus rather than a selling point, but it makes for a great display piece, prime loses almost all of his lower body poseability, fun, but once again, not all that movie accurate

He's definitely worth it if you find him, just don't expect too much out of combined mode :)

Sweet! Decepticon logos on Jetfire. Where did you find it (what city)?

Covington, Louisiana

FWIW I found mine at Target in Schaumburg, on Golf Rd. He is quite awesome, and truly huge in alt mode. The combination gimmick requires some extra parts that have no use in either his robot or alt mode, only the Prime combination. Those parts are the worst alt mode kibble offendors IMO, the gray tabs that stick out ahead of his wings, and the little bits on the rubber straps that seem to have no home in either mode. I may combine him w/ Prime once, just for kicks, then ditch those extra bits.

I wish he said more than "Jetfire's my name" in a Scottish brogue, much heavier than I recall from the movie. The various sound effects are cool tho. His alt mode markings are excellent; in my advanced age I have to admit I can't quite read the tiny markings under the cockpit windows. I"m disappointed at some cheapness evident in robot mode- the Mech Alive lever on his chest has its spring clearly visible, wnd when you pull it down, you can see a pair of wires in the open space. Bummer. The Mech Alive feature is otherwise pretty cool, like Leader Megatron's but not quite as exposed.

He's a great fig, def. worth buying. He'll prob be in robot mode most of the time; in alt mode, I'll prob stand him up on his tail so you can't see the undercarriage kibble.

He looks pretty sweet. I'm a little underwhelmed by the combined mode but at least they gave it a shot (not to mention Prime can still deploy his blades like in the movie). How much room is there for futzing around the pieces? The shoulder pads seem especially open to interpretation (as I think both halves of the cockpit pointed out on OP's shoulder's in the film)? I'd like to know but I'm pretty sure I'll get him anyway. I like even though I wish his cane turned into an axe...

Archived