For Those of You Who Own Mixmaster

Timothy.R

i was just wondering how the rest of you configure his arms, panels, and whatnot. this figure seems to have a lot of pieces and joints that you can configure whichever way you'd like.

here are two ways that i display him.

mixocean1.jpg

DSCF2814.jpg

mixbridge1.jpg

DSCF2817.jpg

A very cool thing about alot of these figures is that yes you can set them up nearly however you want.

Soundwave

Wheelie

Rampage

Demolisher(don't have him though)

Breakaway

Leader Megatron

Chromia

Lots of options with these figures...

He looks much better with his arms hunched up like that, rather than fully exteneded. I might just have to buy him now.

Something about the CGI models of the constructicons (at least, from what we've seen in trailers), it's a bit criminal how much kibble is visible in the actual movies. Sure this means the toys are pretty accurate to the movie, but it seems that they got a bit lazy with them.

Wings and car doors are fine, as is the torso clearly being the front/back of a car or whatever. But big wheel sections are just a bit too much. On a toy it's okay, but on a CGI model in a movie, well some kibble just looks a bit bad. Especially Long Haul's arm bits, why oh why?

But yeah, after seeing these pictures, I'm probably going to get Mixmaster now. Although....that G1 repaint does look good.....

Something about the CGI models of the constructicons (at least, from what we've seen in trailers), it's a bit criminal how much kibble is visible in the actual movies. Sure this means the toys are pretty accurate to the movie, but it seems that they got a bit lazy with them.

I don't understand why people hate kibble so much. I always looked at it as something that makes TFs what they are, seeing their alt mode pieces on them when in robot mode. Like the seekers' wings and the car doors behind Autobot shoulders. To me it makes them unique from other lines of robots.

i completely agree with that.. the only kibble i don't like on mixmaster is the cab that's on his ass. i think hasbro has done a good job with the kibble on these figures. they don't have too much, and what they do have is accurate.

i like it on the cgi kibble also.. not everything just folds up and disappears which is what transformers should be.

Rather than dig up a thread from a few weeks ago, I'll just link it here since it still pertains to Mixmaster "kibble".

The figure's awesome, and I actually pose mine as mix of the two, with the shoulder plating tilted upward to look somewhat like wings while I leave the forearms unchanged from the directions. But with regards to the arm that holds the cab to the waist... Has anyone else run into the problem that was linked above? Mine had the same problem, and I fixed it by removing the pin and flipping the joint over, but since the procedure, I've found it really hasn't changed anything all that much... Yeah, the joint flexes a lot better in the coversion to robot mode, but it worked fine the other way. I made the repair though b/c it flat out stopped the conversion to attack mode dead in its tracks, and now that I've done it, geting to the figure to cannon mode, the arm bar simply DOES NOT bend like it does in the picture.

But yeah, after seeing these pictures, I'm probably going to get Mixmaster now. Although....that G1 repaint does look good.....

The one thing that keeps me hesitant from buying any Constructicon is the chance, however slim it may be, that they make transforming ones that form Devastator. Even if it's not until Transformers 3...

I view combining figures as a blessing and a curse. Kinda like Triple Changers. It's cool in concept, but not always so great in execution. Kibble is the biggest problem in one of the three modes. And usually it seems to be the combined form that suffers the most, though sometimes it's one of the others.

I just got mine today, from HTS.

I wanted to throw him against the wall. A ridiculous transformation, and the kibble is just a mess. Not to mention, his cab is pinned incorrectly. It's on backwards!

What an absolute mess.

I finally did get the hang of the vehicle to robot mode transformation, but the whole weapons platform mode is just a jumbled mess (and the instructions make it worse. A lot worse.) So skip the third mode, people. It's pure crap.

Robot mode doesn't look too bad with the arms hunched up. (They're only supposed to be extended for weapons platform mode, anyway.)

The vehicle mode is made of win, however. Nicely done.

the transformation is actually pretty simple after doing it once or twice.

just curl up the arms (make sure to spin the panel near the wheel assembly the right way)

extend the figure

fold up the torso

fold the legs around the torso

fold up the cab.. presto, chango, transformation complete.

oh and..

rampage is awesome.

demolishor is also pretty cool. alt mode is great.. my only problem with the bot mode is i wish shovel formed actual hands.

Archived