BLOG: Will You Be Watching Revenge In IMAX On the Real Deal? Or the Fake One?

Peter_Van

I live right near Providence whose mall has a Real Imax screen. I remember seeing T.Rex when I was 10. Man that was awesome! But is it true that the Max version has extra scenes in it?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theatres did the same thing with Dolby when it was an emerging thing in the 1980s, then with THX in the 90s (which led to the whole certification thing). The fact that theatres have a quasi-IMAX and a full scale IMAX isn't surprising. Pays to do your homework. Fortunately, the US' largest legit IMAX theatre is a short drive and subway haul from me :bounce

Two summers ago my friends and I drove almost an hour to get to an IMAX theater showing the "extended" Transformers. It was awesome, but we noticed the screen was only a tad bigger than that of any other nice theater, so we felt kind of jipped. Well, I guess this explains things! The crappiest part? There is an air museum with a REAL IMAX just five miles away, but they refuse to show real movies, just IMAX documentaries!!! How lame is that?

Two summers ago my friends and I drove almost an hour to get to an IMAX theater showing the "extended" Transformers. It was awesome, but we noticed the screen was only a tad bigger than that of any other nice theater, so we felt kind of jipped. Well, I guess this explains things! The crappiest part? There is an air museum with a REAL IMAX just five miles away, but they refuse to show real movies, just IMAX documentaries!!! How lame is that?

It's a museum theater. What do you expect? I certainly don't expect the IMAX in the Nature and Science museum near me to show regular movies.

I haven't been to imax in years and last year they renovated the imax in my city. the imax website for my city doesn't say what the screen size it is and I was wondering if anyone can tell by this photo.

DSC_0173_web.jpg

It's a museum theater. What do you expect? I certainly don't expect the IMAX in the Nature and Science museum near me to show regular movies.

Well to be fair, it'd be a way for a museum struggling with funding cuts to get some extra revenue to have like a "feature friday" or something. But i'll be hitting up Providence Place myself.

..probably more than once :tflaugh

I haven't been to imax in years and last year they renovated the imax in my city. the imax website for my city doesn't say what the screen size it is and I was wondering if anyone can tell by this photo.

DSC_0173_web.jpg

Did you check the map in the post? You may be able find out from that.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Is IMAX still made these days? I thought it was dead?

Anyway, by lovely GF asked me if I wanted to watch TFROTF at a Japanese IMAX cinema when its out but after what Ive just read...NO WAY! Who can tell if it's just another rip-off?

Wow, great digg bwbm!! Just wish u had posted this earlier, b4 I planned my NYC Transformers Meetup at a fake IMAX: Transformers 2 @ AMC Empire 25 IMAX

That is a pretty huge difference in size, I never realized there was that much difference! Is there a difference in resolution? I saw Star Trek @ Empire 25 IMAX & thought the Resolution was pretty great, & I did sit quite close to the front, so the size difference was not an issue to me. Will Empire 25 have the bonus features, & what will the bonus features be?

Archived