ROTF-Sideswipe feet upgrade ideas????

anthonyprime

When i purchased sideswipe i knew that the stance on the fig would be iffy, BUT NOT LIKE THIS......

I had an idea that i would like to share, that flap on the rear of the foot--if it could turn and sit level to the ground??? Or could the inner wheel cover get a shave to enhance the stability???lets bounce some ideas around -- if we think about it, i mean look at SCHLECKI02, he drilled and shaved down BREAKAWAY'S cock pit so the head would come out further!!!...."some bots need an up grade"......when i get feed back i will try it... and provide pics so we can see...

thanks AP

You are, when doing the feet, pushing the toe as high up as you an and the heel as far down, right?

Because he is suppose to lean against his heels, which gives the illusion in the front that he is riding on the tire.

Because he balances perfectly fine, there is no need to go hacking him up.

And if you are really having problems, just don't fold in the heel...that gives him the best stability.

You are, when doing the feet, pushing the toe as high up as you an and the heel as far down, right?

Because he is suppose to lean against his heels, which gives the illusion in the front that he is riding on the tire.

And if you are really having problems, just don't fold in the heel...that gives him the best stability.

trust me, i have done all of this, i mean i previewed the fig before i bought two, so it was an idea for better poses than just lean him in one position to make him stand..... i dont wanna have to balance him, just need him to pose....

but thanks

AP

Sadly I don't have the figure yet, but if you post some pictures of the foot assembly I might give you my two cents about possible mods ;)

Oh and thanks for the credits on Breakaway!

• 3 weeks later...

trust me, i have done all of this, i mean i previewed the fig before i bought two, so it was an idea for better poses than just lean him in one position to make him stand..... i dont wanna have to balance him, just need him to pose....

but thanks

AP

Try angling the knees into a martial arts stance and using a sword as a stabilizer, that way he is posed in an attack position and looks cool.

This is the best I've found for him:

With the smaller part(usually the back end) in the front, leave the space between the disc and the wheel open just a tiny bit so that he is balancing on four points instead of two.

I agree w Firepaw.

I swivel his tiny feet pointing down. So it appears he is on tippy toes...

Then I rotate the car panels down to form a heel for him. He will have four points on the ground instead of two... Not only does it increase his hieght, but mine is very stable. Like a rock!

AWESOME figure. One of my favs of this line so far... On par w 07 Concept BB.

I'll buy Deadend in October...

It's not necessary to point the heels down with the way I described. They can point forward and still allow four points.

Lately, though, I've been tforming the legs the official way, but pushing the foot all the way up like others have suggested. It's not as stable as the four-point way, but it looks better and is still pretty stable...

Archived