BotcCon 2009 - More Looks at Transformers Universe Redeco's

MISP Steve

BotCon is over. Yet we're still reporting news for all you who missed what turned out to be a somewhat disappointing BotCon. Especially where Universe is concerned. Just three redeco figures from the ultra class we're on display this year. The Powerglide G1 colors, Hardtop from the Onslaught mold, and Skyjack recolored from the Superion mold. Check out the shots of them in robot mode with alternate shots from the previous day for reference. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man they're milking that mold...first Silverbolt (excellent update), now Darkwind (which I'd have to say came out pretty impressive), then sometime in the future...this guy...anybody know what this guy's name will be?

It's most definitely Skyjack. The colors, the vaguely flame designs and the FB-129... that's Skyjack.

I'm incredibly excited for it, really. I've been hoping for a Cyberjet homage... but I still think Classics Jetfire as Hooligan would have been worlds better. And I'm still hoping they do that one.

Probably don't want to get into it on this thread, but maybe you guys should put together some kind of summation explaining why you thought it was "what turned out to be a somewhat disappointing BotCon."...? I'd be interested in hearing some opinions.

My guess? Very little universe or big news. I mean, the movie's coming out in under a month and we didn't get any major new info on it. I was personally expecting a bombshell, like Earth mode Soundwave or something.

Probably don't want to get into it on this thread, but maybe you guys should put together some kind of summation explaining why you thought it was "what turned out to be a somewhat disappointing BotCon."...? I'd be interested in hearing some opinions.

My guess? Very little universe or big news. I mean, the movie's coming out in under a month and we didn't get any major new info on it. I was personally expecting a bombshell, like Earth mode Soundwave or something.

I think we're gonna take a small break, but look for my blog soon :bounce

Heh, now they decided to give Powerglide G1 colors. What about the precious public perception of realism? Still, the color looks correct, unlike the Henkei Powerglide.

Don't really mind that silverbolt repaint. I actually think it looks quite good in those colors. It's the face though that gets me. That yellow just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Archived