BotCon 2009 - Hasbro Transformers Review Panel

MISP Steve

While I'm bummed that Wasp isn't getting his own head sculpt, it shouldn't be too hard to make one myself.

Depending on how Prime's trailer works out, this might be the first time I'm buying an OP toy in a long time.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....there are a butt load of Constructicons at the start but a number of them are killed?

Well for a second I was thinking that, in the movie footage, Dev. crawls around, but we've seen images of him standing up straight. So maybe the 7 combiner allows him to stand up, and the 6 can only crawl, missing some vital waist piece or something.

* A Cybertronian Mode Wasp will be made. He will be called Fugitive Waspinator. He will be repainted into Cyb Mode Bumblebee (not the other way around) but the head will not be resculpted.

While I'm bummed that Wasp isn't getting his own head sculpt, it shouldn't be too hard to make one myself.

The way I'm interpretting that is that the Cyb. version of Bumblebee would need the altered head---isn't that right? So I figure since by then there'll be 3 kinds of Bumblebees out already, one of those heads is bound to fit the repaint of Fugitive(Cybertron) Wasp, right (hopefully)?

STORE EXCLUSIVES :argh

I want insecticons and Perceptor! And G1 Soundwave redeco! Bet eBay is rubbing their hands together now ><

TFA Blackout sounds cool, Wingblade Optimus too kinda ^^

And Voyager Bludgeon... :awsum

Oh, and no twist ties! \o/

ANIMATED TOYS

Deluxe Fugitive Waspinator - No new head because of budget issues. Re-deco of Deluxe Bumblebee - Figure reflects when Wasp turns BB into him.

Will probably pass. Would have been a different matter if that had given him a new head.

Voyager Hydrodive Bumblebee - Scuba Pack is removable.

I think I'll stick to my my Elite Guard Bumblebee.

Voyager Blackout - Helicopter, earth mode in a future appearance.

Please, something a bit bigger than Lugnutz this time.

Voyager Thundercracker.

Mixed about this one. Could they at least give the Screamer clones different expressions. I guess they've got budget issues.....

Looking forward to:

Electrostatic Soundwave w/ Ratbat, Arcee, Rodimus Minor, Cybertronian Ratchet , Cybertronian Ironhide and Wingblade Optimus Prime.

There are a host of others on my Animated Wish List, but you take what you can get.

MOVIE TOYS

Voyager Bludgeon - Tank alt mode. Samurai sword comes out of gun turret. Over the shoulder knife comes out.

Hopeful about this one. I liked Brawl and I've been hoping for a decent Bludgeon toy.

Voyager Jungle Attack Ironhide - New bumper turns into crossbow, new door panels, new weapons, sniper rifer machine gun combine to be guns.

Haven't got any version of Movie Ironhide yet. I liked the original's colour scheme, but this latest one appears to be a design upgrade.

Deluxe Dirge - Looks like a Harrier. Tried to keep true to G1 character.

No chicken-legs, please. Now for a Starscream that looks closer to his G1 self.

OTHERS

Deluxe Animated Lockdown - has spikes everywhere.

I finally get Lockdown and then this happens.

Drift Toy - Will be talked more about tomorrow.

I haven't read the comic, but I'll definitely buy the toy, thank you.

And most importantly....

Next Year could see the end of twist-ties.

I've waited a long time for this.

I read through TFW2005's account of the panel...Looks like Hasbro is gonna put the hammer down on Fansproject too. They are NOT happy with them. that sucks! Probably cause they're making Hasbro look bad :tfevil

I think it's because they've not just gonna make an upgrade kit, they're gonna make a Springer and Broadside.

Regarding Devestator the way I read it was that devistator is made up of the number of Constructicons around at the time so either number is accurate

* Wingblade Optimus is like the battle two pack Earth mode Optimus (that came with Megs) with a really big jetpack and an included Magnus Hammer.

I came close to buying the two-pack. Thought it it included the coolest Animated Optimus toy released, so far. I guess Wingblade OP won't also include his axe, though. Too bad.

* They wanted to do an Omega Supreme along with the Constructicons but came to the conclusion that now is not the right time.

So the question is, when will it be the right time?

* Because of the recent Universe Cyclonus, an Animated version will not be made.

Too bad, I thought he'd look cool next to Animated Voyager Starscream.

* New cartoon will be of Animated quality

Does this mean more Animated style toys? Or would they be referring to storyline and dialogue, etc?

The instructions will probably be included with the third bot, if I had to guess.

Just got home with Chromia and there were no instructions on how she will combine with the other two figures. BUT there is a big black piece that folds out that obviously attaches to something else that was not included. It's a given. I really like this figure more than i thought I would. I'm excited to see how it will combine.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=112326

In the BotCon Edition of the Podcast Ender reveals that the toys were designed to combine. They would not say whether or not they will in the film.

* A Cybertronian Mode Wasp will be made. He will be called Fugitive Waspinator. He will be repainted into Cyb Mode Bumblebee (not the other way around) but the head will not be resculpted.

The way I'm interpretting that is that the Cyb. version of Bumblebee would need the altered head---isn't that right? So I figure since by then there'll be 3 kinds of Bumblebees out already, one of those heads is bound to fit the repaint of Fugitive(Cybertron) Wasp, right (hopefully)?

Im actually hearing two different things about this. TFW reported that Fugitive Wasp will be made, then Bumblebee will be a repaint of him with no new head sculpt.

So that pretty much means that it is a Cybertron Mode, otherwise, why bother making an Earth mode Wasp then repainting him into Bumblebee since BB already has an Earth mode out.

The other thing I'm hearing is that it will be a Wasp repaint of Bumblebee. So just a straight repaint of the deluxe Bumblebee. This came from Tformers own Podcast with Ender reporting. Next time I see him on AIM I'll ask him if he can clarify.

Archived