BotCon 2009 - Hasbro Transformers Review Panel

MISP Steve

Hasbro referred the cancellation to Cartoon Network, who has referred it to Hasbro. Vibe I get: Drop the issue, no one is gonna tell you why. Enjoy all the movie stuff we're gonna cram down your gullet.

These guys are grade-A cocksuckers! Sounds like they came into the Con with a game plan & that's the way they played it. Well, Hasbro & CN's silence does imply something...that they don't really know why the f*ck they canned it!?! Geniuses. :9000

As for the 2010 Sneek Peek, I'm not interested in anything from the movie toyline. And ANOTHER Animated Lockdown...doubtful that I'll purchase, but we'll have to see.

Not quite "ANOTHER" Animated Lockdown. It's Lockdown done in the Movieverse design style.

I'm just going by the post, which says "Deluxe Animated Lockdown"... :shrug

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have Chromia and there was no part of the instructions that show her combining, but there is definitely a piece that comes out of the floor board of the bike that would suggest this. Im glad its confirmed :)

So instructions don't show combining, and the package doesn't show it. Instructions prolly with last release. hmm....*scratches his head and plays with his newly acquired rampage figure* Random conspiracy theory that may just be me trying to keep hope alive.

1. Japanese legends version of devastator has seven figures. What we've seen on the american megazord wanna be is six.

2. The main crane in the six figure version has scavenger (shortened version written on it)

3. In the comic demolisher dies. Or at least a con that looks like it fits. Also from the trailers we know that demolisher is the one in shanghai and that's where the first battle takes place in the comic.

4. Rampage can be shaped to resemble a foot and the parts that are going up in the air could attach to something if it's done right. (noticed the look halfway through transformation)

Now, what if there are seven constructicons and the six version is a feint by Hasbro? They'd only need what...3 maybe 5 versions of the six version one to pull it off? Nobody has had a hands on with the thing, and it looks like r&d was an afterthought on it. What if scavenger and demolisher are two different cons that have the same alt mode, but scavenger is the one that is combining in the movie? We know from demolisher's and sideways' profile that they found each other, but their profiles don't say anything about the other constructicons. And long haul being voyager size could still work. Depends on how much he'd collapse in on himself when becoming a leg and I haven't found him yet so not so sure. Could it not be that they do combine, but the instructions will be released with scavenger and he'll be the last one released? :shrug :shrug

I'm prolly grasping at strings, but I'll say this much...f the six version is a hoax by Hasbro I'll have to applaud them because they mislead a lot of people.

ow, what if there are seven constructicons and the six version is a feint by Hasbro? They'd only need what...3 maybe 5 versions of the six version one to pull it off? Nobody has had a hands on with the thing, and it looks like r&d was an afterthought on it. What if scavenger and demolisher are two different cons that have the same alt mode, but scavenger is the one that is combining in the movie? We know from demolisher's and sideways' profile that they found each other, but their profiles don't say anything about the other constructicons. And long haul being voyager size could still work. Depends on how much he'd collapse in on himself when becoming a leg and I haven't found him yet so not so sure. Could it not be that they do combine, but the instructions will be released with scavenger and he'll be the last one released? :shrug :shrug

I'm prolly grasping at strings, but I'll say this much...f the six version is a hoax by Hasbro I'll have to applaud them because they mislead a lot of people.

i'm sorry to burst your bubbles.. but hasbro has lit those strings on fire and now you're burning with them.. that doesn't quite make sense.. does it?

anyways.. peaugh has said that he's tried to create a makeshift devastator but long haul is too large compared to rampage.

yeah.. i was reading an article in "nick" magazine.. yeah it's corny, but bumblebee was on the cover. it was an interview with one of the animators, he said that devastator was made of 7 constructicons.. i was never sure if it were 6 or 7.. in the movie it IS 7.. so the next thing is.. with a fairly large combiner that doesn't have any bot modes.. why couldn't they at least use the correct amount of vehicles.

ow, what if there are seven constructicons and the six version is a feint by Hasbro? They'd only need what...3 maybe 5 versions of the six version one to pull it off? Nobody has had a hands on with the thing, and it looks like r&d was an afterthought on it. What if scavenger and demolisher are two different cons that have the same alt mode, but scavenger is the one that is combining in the movie? We know from demolisher's and sideways' profile that they found each other, but their profiles don't say anything about the other constructicons. And long haul being voyager size could still work. Depends on how much he'd collapse in on himself when becoming a leg and I haven't found him yet so not so sure. Could it not be that they do combine, but the instructions will be released with scavenger and he'll be the last one released? :shrug :shrug

i'm sorry to burst your bubbles.. but hasbro has lit those strings on fire and now you're burning with them.. that doesn't quite make sense.. does it?

anyways.. peaugh has said that he's tried to create a makeshift devastator but long haul is too large compared to rampage.

yeah.. i was reading an article in "nick" magazine.. yeah it's corny, but bumblebee was on the cover. it was an interview with one of the animators, he said that devastator was made of 7 constructicons.. i was never sure if it were 6 or 7.. in the movie it IS 7.. so the next thing is.. with a fairly large combiner that doesn't have any bot modes.. why couldn't they at least use the correct amount of vehicles.

I think he can combine with 6 or 7 vehicles... So Hasbro took the cheaper route...

I guess they cant deny the money making machine that is Animated... Is this they first time they done this outside of G1?... Release toys way after a show has been off air...

The instructions will probably be included with the third bot, if I had to guess.

Just got home with Chromia and there were no instructions on how she will combine with the other two figures. BUT there is a big black piece that folds out that obviously attaches to something else that was not included. It's a given. I really like this figure more than i thought I would. I'm excited to see how it will combine.

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=112326

I hope Breakdown isn't yet another redeco of Dead End. Sure, it's a good mould, but it could get old fast.

He is not.

Animated Products

* Voyager Blackout

The thing about TFA Blackout is that he has one normal arm, and one GIANT arm made from the tail of the copter. it shoots disks.

As for the 2010 Sneek Peek, I'm not interested in anything from the movie toyline. And ANOTHER Animated Lockdown...doubtful that I'll purchase, but we'll have to see.

Just to be VERY clear - Lockdown will be in the MOVIE style, in the MOVIE line.

And he is AWESOME!

This was on another site:

With the Takara legends class Devastator there are 7 figures but the Supreme Class Devastator has only 6 constructions. Why?

With out giving away too much, there can be a lot of constructicons that form Devastator, lets just say 15 start out to create him but only 7 make it to the end of the film. It’s a different concept than what you’re used to for the gestalt team.

Archived