BotCon 2009 - IDW Publishing Panel

MISP Steve

IDW�s panel had some new covers and interiors which you can see here. Just enough to wet the appetite for Spotlights: Cliffjumper and Metroplex, and the climax of the comic all G1 fans need to read All Hail Megatron The panel, forced to compete with big name autograph lines, was under populated. IDW indicated that they were interested in the possibility of a continuation of the Transformers: Animated Universe and had discussed the possibility with Hasbro. Read the Full News Story Here

And what is that pic of a Power Master looking Prime for?

Can't read the text. It's too bad Power Master OP never got 'Classicced'. He was my favourite version of G1 Optimus Prime. The Armada version was similar, but not quite the same.

I like the preview artwork for Tales of the Fallen. Especially for Sam, that's one thing I disliked about the movie adaption comic. The human character artwork looked awful. (but then again, I think the human artwork for the first movie adaption comic was bad, too.)

The 13 is cancelled? That really stinks. What does necessarily mean for Furman's future with IDW.

The only thing I have confidence in now is this Wreckers mini-series. But then again its like revisiting since we got the Botcon comics or whatever that was so many years ago.

I'm interested in the new direction of G1 though. Hopefully we get details VERY soon. The new villain I hope is Straxus or someone unused for awhile and not Scorponok. A self-sentient/non human driven version of Overlord or Deathsaurus in the IDW continuity would be great. I'm just surprised they haven't been used very little in the western comics after al these years. I wouldn't mind Shockwave either. They need to make him a bad-ass again and not give us half his story like they did with the Spotlight and Maximum Dinobots series!

I guess it will also invalidate All Hail Megatron again. But knowing IDW all they do is publish a story and then try and correct mistakes post exfacto with another series like All Megatron:Coda.

I guess Coda is supposed to be a supplement of some kind. At least they are willing to fill in the mistakes whereas Marvel and DC just do things for the big bucks/sales.

Oh and I just re-registered back with this site. It took me awhile too. Its like hacking into a Government protected computer system. Can't they make this any easier??

I like the preview artwork for Tales of the Fallen. Especially for Sam, that's one thing I disliked about the movie adaption comic. The human character artwork looked awful. (but then again, I think the human artwork for the first movie adaption comic was bad, too.)

:agree the adaptation movie comic artwork :tdown. No offense to the artist but the artwork is just horrible....

Spotlight reviews for the Tales of the Fallen. What a wonderful gift the Fallen on my B-day month.

Archived