ROTF starscream's elbows

Superior Grilled Cheese

I thought mine was broken at first, too. And I have seen a lot of people complaining about this. So I figure I will point this out for those who don't know:

You see those two black circular-area-thingies on the front of the cockpit? When transforming to bot mode, you need to make sure the two round bits on the tail pieces connect into those thingies. Yay, enjoy your crappy moving orange gears! :tflaugh

Yeah, I discovered I had mis-TF'd him about 30 mins after I made that post(his chest was not quite sat properly). Anyhow, he's definitely grown on me now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard Kai!

I caved and bought screamer today as well. I really did not like the first TFTM version due to the cannon hands and assload of kibble under the jet. As for this one, I like him so far, but the mech alive gimmick on mine is either jammed or broken, eh, no loss honestly. His robot mode is growing on me too.

I might do the elbow mod later on, been busy modding Breakaway(paint apps and neck/head fix), Soundwave(he was floppy as a donkey dick) and Rampage so he could have elbows and independent leg movement.

thx ClockWorkMecha! :yay

since i never got TFTM starscream(or any of the TFTM toys), the rotf starscream wasn't a actually an upgrade for me.

i really like the sick tatoo and the fact that it's starscream (i've liked starscream ever since the animated, i was't a fan untill animated).

the toy was ok without modification, good after the elbow mod (luckyly the toy i got don't have any other problems), but overall it could've been better with a few minor design adjustment with its limbs.

as for the leader class (hopefully it'll come out), i don't care for the sound effect nor any gimicks, i just want it to be as accurate to the movie as possible, with that said, bigger than leader optimus prime.

I'm starting to get the urge to make this mod. But each time I read this, I see the words "super glue" and I am instantly turned off on it. :shrug

I have a bad history with super glue and transformers. I'm sure you can imagine.

I'm starting to get the urge to make this mod. But each time I read this, I see the words "super glue" and I am instantly turned off on it. :shrug

I have a bad history with super glue and transformers. I'm sure you can imagine.

Something I did years ago to work with that is to find some crappy pieces of plastic, cut them up in to manageable chunks, then use super glue on them. This way you get a good idea on how to work with it and not destroy anything you want to keep. You can do things like learn the consistency of the glue of your choice, how long it takes to set up before it's completely set, how to scrap away excess once it dries and so on. There is also gel super glues and plastic epoxies to chose from also. Trial and error on junky or unwanted toys/figures is another way to get comfortable with it and build confidence. Good luck! :thumb

honestly, the super glue isn't even needed, the arm is still held together by another screw and a pin in the elbow. its more or less insurance on the arm.

the other thing is that the glue is only applied to the gap between the arm panels, it isn't that hard to mess up i think. if that still scares you, do what i did and just squirt a bunch inside the empty screw hole, bonding the two halves, and shave down the excess plastic anyways.

in short, the glue shouldn't scare you off

• 3 years later...

Archived