ROTF starscream's elbows

Superior Grilled Cheese

The elbows as-designed only allow the arms to bend w. his palms facing downward, cannon on top. The elbow fix lets you spin the forearm around so he can bend his arm palms up, cannon underneath.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster...

I just got Screamer yesterday, and I got to say I don't see the problem with the elbows that everyone is talking about.

Is it possible that no one is noticing that you can pull out from the forearm to allow a bend at the black part behind the launchers? From there, you can bend and the twist the arms in pretty much any conceivable way.

Or maybe I am just missing something here. Any before/after shots to show how much it can bend after the 'fix'?

-Other bits-

Wings: I can't seem to find a way to get this section to stay in place in bot mode. However, I have noticed that there are otherwise unused notches on the 'shoulders' that may be used to hold the wings. But if you do this, the arms are restricted. Any other ways to get them to stay put?

Standing: I think it was mentioned before that this guy can have trouble standing with his tiny feet. Well, I found an odd-looking but working solution. If you keep his feet folded up, with the flap hanging back, he actually stands a lot easier. Basically, it gives him the Classics Jetfire/MP Star foot style.

Welcome, new guy buys the beer...

What they're going for is a bend in the arm palm up. I have SS right next to me and see what your saying, but he still has "creeper" hands.

The foot tip is nice though, those back flaps realy do come in handy.

Welcome, new guy buys the beer...

Sorry, but 'round my parts beer costs money, and I don't have any left after buying all these ROTF figures. :D

Ah, I think I see what you are talking about now. Still, I don't think I would bother making this mod, because to me it looks silly having the blasters on bottom. It's the very reason that I modded my Universe Inferno to have his gun on top of his arm instead.

More on the feet: I found yet another way to have him stand. This is actually the original way, but with his feet pushed forward more. Perhaps this is how it was intended. The other way I mentioned is still more solid for some poses, but overall this looks the best I think. Pics below.

Here's the pic I posted in another topic, showing how Star can pose:

34j2fzp.jpg

You can see the feet above, but I also have a close up...

2d0apw4.jpg

So, which name do you guys think is better? Chickenscream, or Starchicken? I'm partial to the former, myself.

Edit: Thought I'd throw in the name "Roostarscream"... Eh. >.>

I have him braced right now with his hands over his face. It looks like he's screaming NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And look man, beers on the new guy, steal if you gotta :P

not a necessary mod? but how could you do the "bring it on!!" pose with outh it?

post-17313-1244871672_thumb.jpg

oh, yet another fabulously flawed piece on screamer. I removed the paint on his eyes to regain the light piping. to put it simply, it doesn't work. technically, it does pipe light, but his eyes only glow if you look at his face from the side. guess hasbro realized this and that's why his eyes are painted over.

as much as I enjoy this voyager, I can't help but keep thinking :doh

Still, I don't think I would bother making this mod, because to me it looks silly having the blasters on bottom. It's the very reason that I modded my Universe Inferno to have his gun on top of his arm instead.

Inferno's gun vaguely reminds me of the guns that Vasquez and Drake used in Aliens. Not that it looks like it, but because its under his arm, kinda like the held the guns from the top. It's late and i'm tired :D

Ooo, that is a nice pose. I'm so used to posing my bots like they are attacking each other, so I didn't even consider things like that. Maybe I WILL try the mod... When more people have done it and can verify on the ease of it, or report any mishaps and whatnot. Let others go through the trial and error! :damnit

*steals beer, runs from cops*

I'd be more interested in removing the guns and give him rotating palms ... but he was too expensive to start experimenting :shrug

+ I can't take his forearms apart, and I don't cut places I can't reach with the correct tools ... nothing worse than a dirty cut.

Edit: you asked for beer ? :sneak

3.png

you know...there were instructions "somewhere" that showed the forearms transformed to fold away in jet mode. obviously that idea got canned but the instructions are "i'm guessing here" are still out there?

Anyhow since there were pics and instructions and such on better fore arms and hand transformation I'm holding out for:

A) Fans project (or someone) to create an upgrade kit that will make the fore arms per the original instructions.

B) Hasbro to release an updates starscream with the CORRECT forearms that transform per those instructions.

Hey I held out for a good screamer for 2 years to look as good as it is now. I can hold out for one even better, cos I know it will be made for sure...one way or another.

Archived