ROTF starscream's elbows

Superior Grilled Cheese

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh...I really hate to ask this because I feel kinda stupid, but...how does one pull a pinned joint?

I'd say don't bother. It seemed like too much trouble for me, therefore I didn't :)

If it can be done with less effort with the same results, why not? I'm no engineer, but isn't that the point of engineering?

Uh...I really hate to ask this because I feel kinda stupid, but...how does one pull a pinned joint?

I'd say don't bother. It seemed like too much trouble for me, therefore I didn't :)

If it can be done with less effort with the same results, why not? I'm no engineer, but isn't that the point of engineering?

In this case, I did it by removing the screws and prying the halves apart with a small flat screwdriver. Then I grabbed the pin with narrow needle-nose pliers and, with a twisting motion, worked it out of the hole. You can do it without pulling the pin, but the hobby blade I had on hand was only sharp at the base, so I needed more room to work. Had to pull the pin.

Ok, so there's something else that most people should fix on this guy:

His wings are super fragile. While I'm sure it'd take quite a few transformations for the to break, the wings still need some reinforcement.

I'd suggest Voyager Ironhide's heels, if you have a junker one. It's what I did on mine. Because they're all ready in almost the perfect shape, they don't intrude on the jet mode. I'll get some pictures in a little bit.

Pretty much, yeah. It's still a cool toy, it just should have had some more thought put into certain parts.

The telescoping legs on mine are kind of loose, but because of how his thighs are heat-pinned together instead of being screwed together, I can't open them up and beef up whatever part's loose.

I wish Hasbro would just construct their toys so they're easy to take apart and fix. The only things I would prefer Hasbro use pins for instead of an easier to take apart alternative are hinges. I hate hinges that don't have pins because if the hinge pops off once, usually, the nubs that hold the thing together will usually be ruined.

Hi, Im new here so this is my first post

Ive thought about taking starscreams hands and cutting off the fingers where the round part connecting to the hands is, and drilling a hole to put a pin thru, that way you can individually move his fingers and hide them in jet mode.

I havent done that yet because im waiting to get another screamer to do customs on, like removing his tats and repainting him at some point, and to try the same elbo fix

What do you guys think of the hand idea though (for those who have him), do you think that can work?

Hi, Im new here so this is my first post

Ive thought about taking starscreams hands and cutting off the fingers where the round part connecting to the hands is, and drilling a hole to put a pin thru, that way you can individually move his fingers and hide them in jet mode.

I havent done that yet because im waiting to get another screamer to do customs on, like removing his tats and repainting him at some point, and to try the same elbo fix

What do you guys think of the hand idea though (for those who have him), do you think that can work?

I doubt it would work. his hand is mostly a hollow shell and there's not enough plastic to work with in my opinion. I'd say buy him yourself and make a judgment. worst case, you're just stuck with a shiny, new, starscream

The plastic would crack and be super fragile. I wouldn't try it. A better alternative would be to replace the hands entirely. Jin's done some neat stuff with the robot hands from one of the Spiderman Doc Oc toys.

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster...

I just got Screamer yesterday, and I got to say I don't see the problem with the elbows that everyone is talking about.

Is it possible that no one is noticing that you can pull out from the forearm to allow a bend at the black part behind the launchers? From there, you can bend and the twist the arms in pretty much any conceivable way.

Or maybe I am just missing something here. Any before/after shots to show how much it can bend after the 'fix'?

-Other bits-

Wings: I can't seem to find a way to get this section to stay in place in bot mode. However, I have noticed that there are otherwise unused notches on the 'shoulders' that may be used to hold the wings. But if you do this, the arms are restricted. Any other ways to get them to stay put?

Standing: I think it was mentioned before that this guy can have trouble standing with his tiny feet. Well, I found an odd-looking but working solution. If you keep his feet folded up, with the flap hanging back, he actually stands a lot easier. Basically, it gives him the Classics Jetfire/MP Star foot style.

Archived