ROTF starscream's elbows

Superior Grilled Cheese

So hasbro's brilliant ideas of master engineering strike again on ROTF Starscream. He has elbows that bend wonderfully.....in the wrong direction.

After finding him today, I've decided to make my own attempt at getting his arms to bend in the proper direction. As of now, I've managed to shave off a screw hole and have a good 45* bend to show for it. I'm hoping to keep whittling away with my exacto knife and obtain a full 90* backwards and FORWARDS, like he should've had in the first place.

Any one else try such a thing yet?

BTW, his elbow is missing half its original plastic, but I don't see any stress or signs that it is too weak now. So, as of now, there seems to be no negatives of shaving all this off

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fix? I don't even have one yet. I probably won't either, since I'm waiting for the inevitable repaints.

Anyway, elbows that bend the other way? :tflaugh How very G1.

Fix? I don't even have one yet. I probably won't either, since I'm waiting for the inevitable repaints.

I wanted to wait for a repaint, I don't like the tat's that much. But he looked so sad and lonely on the shelf.....

Anyway, elbows that bend the other way? :tflaugh How very G1.

appealing to the fans, you're doing it wrong

So here are the pics. I did this with out disassembling the arm and wasn't a problem for me. I'm not even sure if the arm can be pulled completely apart anyways.

First, pop the upper arm off from the upper arm. Remove the screw that's just below the elbow. To make up for the now missing screw, pry the arm apart just enough to allow a small amount of super glue to seep into the seem between the two halves of his arm.

post-17313-1243710248_thumb.jpg

^Shave down the entire chunk of plastic where the screw was in.

post-17313-1243710256_thumb.jpg

^The corner on his elbow also needs to be shaven down. The round part of his joint may also need a bit of work, but this is the gist of it.

There's not much use for shaving much more plastic on either his elbow or forearm, as the shape of his upper arm doesn't allow for the full 90* bend I was hoping for.

This is very simple to do with just an exacto knife, and well worth the minimal amount of effort. As of now, Starscream's elbows are still plenty strong, with no signs of stress at all

This is very simple to do with just an exacto knife, and well worth the minimal amount of effort. As of now, Starscream's elbows are still plenty strong, with no signs of stress at all

That's the first thing I did to him, and it is both easy and well worth it. I took the arm apart, which involves pulling a pinned joint- a toal PITA. The screw hole that is lost in this mod is not necewsary- the pinned joint there is plenty strong. A simple flaw change Hasbro should have caught. *is engineer, notices these things*

Archived