ROTF Devastator In-Package

Timothy.R

I don't know if anyone has poinetd this out, but please don't flame me. You cannot compare the Legends Devastator to this one. Look at how butchered the Legends version looks (both Devs and the individual robots) I would rather have a more movie-accurate Devs that doesn't form robots than one that transforms into the six individual COnstructicons at the expense of their looks and robot modes.

I love Devastator's movie design and i would rather have the Big BAd himself, and a good-looking, large version at that rather than a tiny ugly version.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there were some nice middle-ground, perhaps a set of Scout class Constructicons, then we could have a movie Devastator that combines and has robot modes for the individual robots.

Seriously though people look at the engineering problems that Devastator could have had. Look at the designs of the Constructicons and how complex they are. If Devastator had individual robot modes the actual devastator combined toy would suck. There would be less poseability and not to mention Robot mode equals more plastic and metal (For the pin hinges and stuff like that) which means the engineering cost would be higher and Devastator would be even more pricey than he is now. Observing the toy I think it is possible to stand him on all fours (Looks like he might have bendable wrists and elbow joints plus a bendable waist and a neck joint that moves the head up and down)

And really there are no need to put spoiler tags in a thread for ROTF. It's common sense that you read a post/article etc. about this movie theres a 100% chance you will run into something you wish you didn't read.

Seriously though people look at the engineering problems that Devastator could have had. Look at the designs of the Constructicons and how complex they are. If Devastator had individual robot modes the actual devastator combined toy would suck. There would be less poseability and not to mention Robot mode equals more plastic and metal (For the pin hinges and stuff like that) which means the engineering cost would be higher and Devastator would be even more pricey than he is now. Observing the toy I think it is possible to stand him on all fours (Looks like he might have bendable wrists and elbow joints plus a bendable waist and a neck joint that moves the head up and down)

And really there are no need to put spoiler tags in a thread for ROTF. It's common sense that you read a post/article etc. about this movie theres a 100% chance you will run into something you wish you didn't read.

thats exactly what im saying! All the other combiners that have individual robot modes in the past have rleatively simple robot modes and transformations. The Movie line is not like that. It works for Energon, not for the Movie. Movie toys are generally quite complex, realistic and detailed.

i'm so getting him but why are they calling Demolisher Scavenger and where is the third Consturcticon Overload that is on the legends figure in Japen? :roll :wtf

omg they did call him scavenger on THIS box?!

In the box He really does look like a megazord.

stop smokin that stuff man!!!!!, you cant even bring power rangers and transformers in the same sentence

act like fans, not critics!!!!!!

omg they did call him scavenger on THIS box?!

In the box He really does look like a megazord.

stop smokin that stuff man!!!!!, you cant even bring power rangers and transformers in the same sentence

act like fans, not critics!!!!!!

we don't have the right to criticize something we expected so much more of?

and no, you can't mention power rangers and transformers in the same sentence, except when hasbro makes a megazord the likes of this devastator.

and btw, I'm NOT a fan of this mold.

I would have liked to have had individual vehicles that transform into robots that transform into devestator...But truth be known...My son and I will go see the movie on the first day...We will buy the first Devastator we see on the shelf with exitement to get to the house, and see what he can do...We will do the same on May 30th to Optimus, Bumblebee(even though we have every one from part one), soundwave, Megs, and any other figure we can find. We will buy every transforming constructicon, dev alt mode or not....Why?

Because playing with brand new Transformers after just seeing the new movie with your son Kicks ass...If the toys are a let down, they won't be to us, because the characters themselves are timeless.

I think it rocks that 25 years later, my son is just as excited about getting Prime and Devs, as I was when i used to go to the store with my parents. We have to remember that imagination makes up most of what is cool.

I used to make garages for my Hotwheels out of wood blocks with the alphebet on them,,, The blocks didn't look like a garage, but I still had a place to park my ride.

Guest Primal-Convoy

COMPUTRON HAS ANALYSED YOUR DATA AND HAS FOUND THE FOLLOWING ERRORS

You cannot compare the Legends Devastator to this one.

COMPUTRON SAYS: YES YOU CAN, EARTHLING. COMPARISON IS A VERY GOOD TOOL FOR ANALYSIS.

Look at how butchered the Legends version looks (both Devs and the individual robots)

COMPUTRON SAYS: THE LEGEND BOTS TRANSFORM AND HAVE SIMPLIFIED ROBOT MODES AND YET THEY ALSO COMBINE, LIKE I, TO FORM A MIGHTY ROBOT. THE OTHER TOY HAS BEEN "BUTCHERED" TO REMOVE THE ROBOT MODES. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM INACCURATE VERBS.

I would rather have a more movie-accurate Devs that doesn't form robots than one that transforms into the six individual COnstructicons at the expense of their looks and robot modes.

COMPUTRON SAYS: A MOVIE-ACCURATE TOY FIGURE, BY DEFINITION OF BEING "ACCURATE", MUST REPRESENT THE MOVIE DEPICTION OF THE CHARACTER IN QUESTION AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THE FIGURE YOU HAVE REFERRED TO HAS NEITHER THE DETAIL OF THE REGULAR, NON-COMBING FIGURES, NOR TRANSFORMING ABILITIES OF THE LEGEND CLASS FIGURES. ERGO, COMPUTRON HAS COMPUTED THAT THEY ARE NOT "MOVIE ACCURATE".

I love Devastator's movie design and i would rather have the Big Bad himself, and a good-looking, large version at that rather than a tiny ugly version.

COMPUTRON SAYS: AS THE VERSION YOU REFER TO IS NEITHER MOVIE ACCURATE, NOR HIGH IN DETAIL, I MUST QUESTION THE ABILITIES OF YOUR OPTICAL SENSORS AND HIGHER PROCESSOR FUNCTIONS TO DISCERN WHAT IS "GOOD LOOKING" OR NOT.

COMPUTRON HAS COMPUTED THAT THERE IS A 78% CHANCE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DRINKING TOO MUCH OF "KREMZEEK'S SPECIAL BREW". PLEASE SUBMIT YOURSELF FOR EXAMINATION ASAP.

COMPUTRON APOLOGISES TO ALL SMALLER BOTS FOR HIS LOUD BOOMING VOICE.

And really there are no need to put spoiler tags in a thread for ROTF.

Stop being silly, young one. TFormers is being right and proper with the spoilers. Some of us want to know about what toys are coming out but don't want any spoilers. Last year peeps like me complained that in the first week (or whenever it was), the threads and posts contained spoilers that might have ruined the experience for others around the world who haven't been able to watch it yet.

Mind you, as the film comes out in Japan before the USA, if you live in the USA, would you like me to email you with as many spoilers as possible about the film?

Didn't think so.

Please stop complaining about something that affects you so little and could, in theory, affect others in a bad way.

There's a good chap-bot.

Archived