ROTF Devastator In-Package

Timothy.R

you got that from southpark did'nt you the chinpokomon episode southpark chinpokomon commentary

In all honesty I didn't get it from anything, I just typed it pretty quickly...

Anyway just something that dawned on me, just looking at the current sizes of the Constructicons of the ROTF line it looks like making a custom Devastator from the individual constructicons would be extremely difficult considering Long Haul (the right foot) is fairly larger than Demolisher/Scavenger (the main torso).

in other words it is crappy and is just as stupid and pointless asthe wild wacky bike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hilarious to see people react as if it was the first time they were seeing the figure when they already complained about the same things in each and every thread posted about that toy in the past few months.

^^well I think that's only because everyone here gets a kick out of complaining about him. But I will say that we have yet to mock his grin, his delightful "I can't believe you spent how much money on me??" grin

^Peaugh actual said in a video a few weeks ago that he probably won't buy it. Guess you're just going to have to force yourself to watch a DBanks video instead; good luck with that one :tflaugh

What in the hell did I see in this thing? I've paid big money for some kickass figures, and I was ready to spend $100 on this??? I'm embarassed for me and my collection.

Must have cataracts in both eyes...

...or I must be caught in the death grip of some SERIOUS Animated angst.

BADASS!! Its one thing to have one figure transform into another, but its another to have one figure turn into six!.......... I'll wait for a Target $4.99 sale (95% discount)... which is when everybody who doesn't want him now, will all of a sudden want him and maybe come to the boards asking for help in acquiring him....

Guest Primal-Convoy
He transforms into six highly detailed and realistic vehicles!

- The vehicles are less realistic than their other transforming, non-combining counterparts

I can't believe how far the whiny fanboy attitudes that have led to all the negativity surrounding this ifugre have permeated the community.

- Labelling someone a "fanboy" is about as effective as argument as labelling you a "Haz-blo apologist".

Aside from the fact that it's a great looking toy and well worth the money

- It's not a fact. It's merely your own opinion. Some have commented that the toy is meant to represent a character that is essentially many robots that transform into alt-modes and then combine to form a larger robot. This toys doesn't represent that and the price is very high for such a toy that doesn't represent the character as-is in the film. There is also another non-combining Devastator toy, but people haven't complained about that toys as it is cheaper and sold as a tertiary toy. The toy is being discussed here seems to be the "MAIN" representation or, primary depiction of Devastator. Thus, it is easy to see why some think it isn't worth the money. If it was a lot cheaper, then perhaps there would be some reason for it. It would be a cut-price way to have a big toy in the line-up, or an easy way for younger kids to play with a complex toy. That is after all, what Power rangers is all about.

In fact, there IS a good value for money Devastator already out:

317768.jpg

describing it as "non-transforming" is like saying Magmatron is non-transforming. Or Tidal Wave. Or Omega Supreme (G1 or Energon). Just because it doesn't do what YOU want it to do doesn't mean it's not still a transformer.

Magmatron was designed to be, from the get-go, a robot comprised of 3 beasts who combined to form him. When he transforms, he IS all three modes. In essence, he, like Tidalwave, the Duocons and Omega Supreme, are the opposite of a gestalt team, which is a united being comprised of individuals. Thus, the movie Devastator toy has failed to live up to the purpose of the character's design.

It would be more apt to say that although the toy "transforms", it is hardly a full "transformer", as it doesn't have all the modes it is meant to have. Devastator really IS the sum of all its parts. It would be like leader-Class Optimus Prime only coming in the box with one arm, or not transforming at all.

There are numerous versions of each movie toy and the fact that some of them don't transform or lack "key" features doesn't enrage fans so much, as there are usually "correct" versions for older fans to get.

However, there is no actual fully transforming set of constructicon toys from the movie that combine into movie devastator, save for the (Takara) legends class toys, which is crazy if a small toy can be made, then a much bigger one is easily attainable.

What probably is at work here is that Bhey and chums designed this without talking to Haz-blo Or that there wasn't enough pre-planning. Thus, when it came time to make the toys, Haz-blo realised that a huge fully transforming Devastator would either cost MORE money than the one offered here and/or fail child-safety regulations (hinges,joints, drop laws, etc).

Anyone remember the farce that was "RID Fort Max"?

He transforms into six highly detailed and realistic vehicles!

- The vehicles are less realistic than their other transforming, non-combining counterparts

I can't believe how far the whiny fanboy attitudes that have led to all the negativity surrounding this ifugre have permeated the community.

- Labelling someone a "fanboy" is about as effective as argument as labelling you a "Haz-blo apologist".

Aside from the fact that it's a great looking toy and well worth the money

- It's not a fact. It's merely your own opinion. Some have commented that the toy is meant to represent a character that is essentially many robots that transform into alt-modes and then combine to form a larger robot. This toys doesn't represent that and the price is very high for such a toy that doesn't represent the character as-is in the film. There is also another non-combining Devastator toy, but people haven't complained about that toys as it is cheaper and sold as a tertiary toy. The toy is being discussed here seems to be the "MAIN" representation or, primary depiction of Devastator. Thus, it is easy to see why some think it isn't worth the money. If it was a lot cheaper, then perhaps there would be some reason for it. It would be a cut-price way to have a big toy in the line-up, or an easy way for younger kids to play with a complex toy. That is after all, what Power rangers is all about.

In fact, there IS a good value for money Devastator already out:

317768.jpg

describing it as "non-transforming" is like saying Magmatron is non-transforming. Or Tidal Wave. Or Omega Supreme (G1 or Energon). Just because it doesn't do what YOU want it to do doesn't mean it's not still a transformer.

Magmatron was designed to be, from the get-go, a robot comprised of 3 beasts who combined to form him. When he transforms, he IS all three modes. In essence, he, like Tidalwave, the Duocons and Omega Supreme, are the opposite of a gestalt team, which is a united being comprised of individuals. Thus, the movie Devastator toy has failed to live up to the purpose of the character's design.

It would be more apt to say that although the toy "transforms", it is hardly a full "transformer", as it doesn't have all the modes it is meant to have. Devastator really IS the sum of all its parts. It would be like leader-Class Optimus Prime only coming in the box with one arm, or not transforming at all.

There are numerous versions of each movie toy and the fact that some of them don't transform or lack "key" features doesn't enrage fans so much, as there are usually "correct" versions for older fans to get.

However, there is no actual fully transforming set of constructicon toys from the movie that combine into movie devastator, save for the (Takara) legends class toys, which is crazy if a small toy can be made, then a much bigger one is easily attainable.

What probably is at work here is that Bhey and chums designed this without talking to Haz-blo Or that there wasn't enough pre-planning. Thus, when it came time to make the toys, Haz-blo realised that a huge fully transforming Devastator would either cost MORE money than the one offered here and/or fail child-safety regulations (hinges,joints, drop laws, etc).

Anyone remember the farce that was "RID Fort Max"?

^ I Agree with everything you just said,

I believe this devastator is in fact a toy for the under-10 fans, and also the individual bots are for the ages 5 and up because they can't combine, thus transforming is less complex. Although, I also Remember Omega Prime which was together with landfill and railracer the most complicated combiner, but they sold all those to young kids. Don't know what happened in 8 years, maybe new management at hasbro? updated child safety laws? rise in plastic and paint cost? I don't know.

Still I'm pretty sure there's still going to be a proper devs though.

Rotf will last at least as long as the mvoie 1 line, if not longer(Due to more molds, more story possibilities, and thus more repaints and new figs)

I mean, Movie 1 came out 4th of july(or june?) 2007

In Holland, where I live, Off-road ironhide, first strike prime, evac, and armorhide were on sale untill at least a month ago.

That's almost 2 years. If Rotf lasts as long(probably longer) There's most certainly going to be some kind of combining transforming Devastator.

Edit: Returning to what i said earlier about him looking like a megazord, Apart from his layout, Just look at the head and nek.

It's so much like the Dragonzord from MMPR. somehow

Archived