Quality of Combiner Knock-Offs?

JABoyle3875

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a devastator KO with the highest of hopes.... The plastic was horrible, and the joints were loose. I managed to form devastator with the parts that don't really seem to fit correctly. He stood for 5 seconds, then scrapper's shovel collapsed and he fell forward and scavenger's arm snapped off at the elbow joint. Never again! :grr

I bought a devastator KO with the highest of hopes.... The plastic was horrible, and the joints were loose. I managed to form devastator with the parts that don't really seem to fit correctly. He stood for 5 seconds, then scrapper's shovel collapsed and he fell forward and scavenger's arm snapped off at the elbow joint. Never again! :grr

well, it is KO. That's why I stay away from those things :tdown

I bought a Constructicon bootleg set last December (I'm not sure if they're from the same bootlegger, though). The quality was so bad that every time I transformed from the Constructicons into Devastator, one of the guys would break. There are only three survivors now. Then again, I got what I paid for, since the set only cost $5.

If you get a set, choose a mode you would like to display them in, and then NEVER TOUCH THEM AGAIN. They are not durable enough to withstand much transformation.

-Nathan

I bought a Constructicon bootleg set last December (I'm not sure if they're from the same bootlegger, though). The quality was so bad that every time I transformed from the Constructicons into Devastator, one of the guys would break. There are only three survivors now. Then again, I got what I paid for, since the set only cost $5.

If you get a set, choose a mode you would like to display them in, and then NEVER TOUCH THEM AGAIN. They are not durable enough to withstand much transformation.

-Nathan

Thanks. I broke down and got the 6 set deal I linked to last night - it occured to me that apart from Devastator, I had never had or played with via friends any of those sets - this will be a good way for me to determine whether I want to go and spend a lot of dough on the authentics. It's so much easier for me to decide whether I want something or not if I have something IN my hands. And besides.......if I ever have younguns around the house (possible considering my cousin has two young sons), I'd rather give THOSE to them to play rather than any G1 authentics I may acquire later on.

I was at a Super KMart yesterday, and they actually had a Energon Landmine there. I looked him over for a good 5 minutes, then passed. Seeing him in person altered my opinion on him quite a bit. Perhaps on clearance........

Went to Big Lots and Walgreens, looking for knockoffs this morning. Big Lots had bupkus, and Walgreens (between 2 of them) had 5 of 6 Constructicons, each with a different color. They also had ONE knockoff that strangely looks like a piece of Predaking........! THAT I could tell was a POC.

I picked up a Constructicon KO a while back and it was crap. Even before I messed with it I saw that the plastic had all kinds of stress marks on it. It craked and creaked every time I tried to transform them, and I couldn't even really get it to form Devistator. I'm glad I only spent about 4 bucks on this guy or else I would've been really pissed.

Unless if I see something I desperatly want, I'm staying away from knock offs.

Well First off let me say that I have no regretes in buying my KOs I have Devestator, Superion, and Defensor.

I have the same problems everyone else does They are cheaply made thrown together without any care and snap off in a heart beat but look how much you are paying. $5 a peice of the set you can't expect top quality for that kinda price.

Now my devestator falls over cause Scrappers shovel doesn't hold him and the pieces don't fit exact but they fit enough to get Devy together and I have him proped in a corner so he doesn't fall over. and Defensor I have in a junk bax cause as I tried to transformer Hot Spot his leg broke off. I was disapointed but not heartbroken cause again $5.

And finally Superion this one is assembled much better and they don't snap off as easy so I think I got a great deal outta that one. But see I don't play much with them I just use them as figures standing on my shelf to remind me of the greatest toy series of all time G1!! And since they are just to stand their and not be transformered so much I got my money's worth *cept for Defensor*

But a piece of advice DO NOT allow children to play with them. Because they DO fall apart so easily a child could get perced by the lose screws or a piece breaking off could do the same thing. You want your kids to play with something cool invest in either reissues or Energon. I would not recomend those KOs.

Archived