Quality of Combiner Knock-Offs?

JABoyle3875

?

I picked up the Tiger Stripe Ruination at my local Super Wal-Mart last night (Quebec Square, Denver CO, had 3 left + 1 20th Anni Prime with a foot loose in the package), and am hooked on the combiners.

I would LIKE to purchase something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7&category=4696

And one by one have them replaced by G1 authentics - possibly have the G1s combined, and the knock offs displayed as the smaller figures. (Jeebus, some of the authentic G1s are expensive as hell.......)

I am not concerned with playability/durabilty - I myself may dink with them, but these aren't going to be played with by a 5 year old. As long as they can withstand the occaisional transforming, I'll be cool.

Thank you in advance for any information you might provide.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the most common ko Defensor is god-awful. Emergency is spelled wrong, all the stickers fall off and groove's wheels are red. yes, red. The set falls apart if you look at it funny. Suprisingly the Hot Spot in the set is actually ok, the small bots are crap. only prob w/ hot spot is that the stickers seem to have been applied by retarded 4 year olds on ketamine, but the plastic quality is actually good.

what's really funny to me is that they got 2 technobot knock-offs mixed in the stunticon knock-offs

the most common ko Defensor is god-awful. Emergency is spelled wrong, all the stickers fall off and groove's wheels are red. yes, red. The set falls apart if you look at it funny. Suprisingly the Hot Spot in the set is actually ok, the small bots are crap. only prob w/ hot spot is that the stickers seem to have been applied by retarded 4 year olds on ketamine, but the plastic quality is actually good.

Hmmmm........perhaps I'll wait then. The pictures in that auction I linked to had the red wheels on Groove, so I think it's the one that you speak of.

Ah well, hopefully I can limit myself to one combiner team a month......:)

Of course, I wonder if some people consider Energon Prime a combiner - but if I EVER pick his goofy @$$ up, it'll be on clearance.

what's really funny to me is that they got 2 technobot knock-offs mixed in the stunticon knock-offs

Yeah I’m always wondering why the people that did those knock offs put two technobots in the stunticon sets....so wrong.

Yeah I’m always wondering why the people that did those knock offs put two technobots in the stunticon sets....so wrong.

will that even combine properly I wonder. I wish I had my MTMTE issues so I could see which vehicle forms which part of the gestalt

Archived