A-10 Thunderbolt Transformer?

DeltaEcho

Hey guys, new here, but Ive been lurking for a while. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to be making a Transformer based on the A-10 Thunderbolt in the ROTF line. I found THIS on tfwiki.net. I havent seen anything else about this Fireflight guy. I mainly collect jet/plane type Transformers, and the A-10 is my favorite, but so far the closest to a true A-10 is the Transformers Crossovers Thor. Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, DeltaEcho! Here's a lists of TFs based on the A-10 Thunderbolt.

G1 Powerglide

eHobby Bad Boy

Universe Powerglide

Universe Stormcloud

Crossovers Thor

Cybertron Wing Saber (1st movie TRU Exclusive Wingblade)

Energon Skyshadow & Terradrive Universe/ROTF Skydive and Fireflight

There's also the OTFCC exclusive Skyfall

Glad to meet a fellow A-10 TF fan. :thumb

The Universe/ ROTF Skydive & Fireflight will be a Target Exclusive in the Superion Maximus combiner set.

Edited to add TFU.info links & fix a few things...

There's also the Classics Mini-con Steel Wind, which was packaged with the Clear Skies Team minicon set, and his redeco Skyhammer which was part of the K-Mart exclusive Universe Mini-con 12-pack.

And of course the Gobot Bad Boy, if you're willing to step outside the Transformers franchise a bit.

Wow, there are a lot more than I thought, thanks for the info. Yeah, A-10 is by far my favorite Air Force jet. I should be flying one right now for a living, I was in the AFROTC for two years, top of my class in everything, I was looking good to pick up a pilot slot, but when I went to take the physical before I signed the contract I found out Im "color deficient", meaning I see colors but just not right. So no Warthog for me :tfsad . Still love the jet though, I just wish the Fireflight guy was a new, accurate mold, but Superion Maximus is pretty sweet in its own way. Thanks again for the fast replys, Ill have to check out the others.

Here's the TFU.info links for the ones Whisky Tango Foxtrot posted;

Gobots Badboy

Steelwind

Skyhammer

I've never been close to the actual plane, but the A-10's always been a favorite of mine, due to Powerglide being based off one. He was one of the first Transformers I ever owned as a kid.

I've also remembered two more A-10 based Transformers;

Micromaster Hothouse

Micromaster Tailwind

I have a few of those, they're cool. Note, however, that (as far as I can recall) none of them are truly accurate replicas, really; most are pretty "stylized" but still very very cool. (The Marvel Thor jet probably comes closest except for its... unfortunate colors.) And yes, the 'hog is the baddest jet in the sky, and irreplaceable in its ground support role IMO.

I knew a guy who was an A-10 mechanic a few years ago, actually in the thick of it in a Middle Eastern country that he could not name. Saw some planes come back safely with holes you could put your head thru without mussing your hair.

Welcome aboard and go ugly early!

^ Yeah the Warthog is fucking awesome. It's got real bulk to it and isn't a flattened out sheet of metal like most jets are these days.

Thats cause its a gun with a plane strapped round it..

Also in the Cybertron Series... JETFIRE was based on the A-225, and was a very nice plane figure.

As a USAF brat I grew up around jets all my life also. I still live 5mins from LAFB - home of the 1st Fighter Wing, so jets flying overhead is a way of life.

We were talking about this not long ago - that it would be a nice idea for a TF series that has not been done -- a series completed done by PLANES (specifically, we were talking WW2 planes) - much like ALT/BT were 'all' cars. If you want to check out the thread, it's here. We listed out some of the characters and planes we'd like to see them in.

Archived