Movie Books In-Hand - Plot Unveiled

NCTransFan

I'd like just a little more clarification on The 13.

11 or 12 of them are sealed in the pyramid along with the Matrix? Are they discovered and seen?

Is Prime one of the 13? Or is he a descendant of some sort?

I'm not entirely sure which questions to ask, but I'm a little confused.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, I did read two different endings and agree that the more violent of the two could really be the true ending. In that case, "The Fallen" is destroyed when Optimus slams the a broken piece of the machine into his skull and then wacks Megatron to pieces with a steel girder... literally.

:eek

See... :damnit ...I know this is all speculation based on these books, but I take issue with this. So, Megatron is being resurrected only to be killed again? This time along with the Fallen? And Prime doesn't die? (or I guess we still don't completely know that) I guess what leaves me bewildered is that we've been led to believe that Megatron is this all powerful bad guy, and along with his minions, were able to take over Cybertron...so explain to me how that was allowed to happen, but the only end result we seem to see onscreen is Megs getting slagged? Something just doesn't add up... :shrug If this is the outcome, it's gonna result in the same issue that I had with the first movie. The Decepticons have not been envisioned as the ultimate war machines that they should be! Hell, the Romulans or any Skynet invention seems to be tougher! (that's sarcasm for anyone taking that line seriously) The Cons hold their own fairly well against humans (sometimes), but they can't seem to get the upper hand on a rag-tag group of autobots...the same type of Bots that the Cons overran on Cybertron. Anybody see what I mean? I guess they're wanting everything to hinge on an allspark, and now a matrix, but I'm left unsatisfied with that. I know we got Orci & Kurtzman on this, but damn do we need J.J.! I was really hoping this would be the Empire of Transformers...something with more of an unsettling (possibly sinister) twist at the end. So from any speculation that arises from these books, we're getting nada...

I write this not to antagonize or offend...and I'm still going to enjoy the movie...I just gotta know if anyone else is having similar issues with this? Thanks!

I would like to shed a little more light on my earlier statements. I didn't say that Megatron dies, he just gets really clobbered by Optimus. The books don't even say that "The Fallen" dies... as someone mentioned earlier, probably because they are for kids and young adults. I would just assume that a spike to the head would kill about anyone, but we are talking Transformers here. Anything's possible, but my best educated guess at this:

"The Fallen" is destroyed", which would leave "The Last Prime", one of the book's titles. Megatron escapes through a wormhole, but does so badly damaged from Optimus' attack. This scenario would blend elements from the endings of both books, again since they are so similar. For all we know, this could lead to Megatron returning in the third movie as "Galvatron"! Maybe Unicron is introduced, etc. Who knows at this point... all speculation based upon what I've read.

Thanks for the insight. I think "formerly nortagem" thing as well as mine is that, its a bit one sided. As I said for a "trilogy" the tide should turn in favor of the decpticons. I did hear from someone else that both the Fallen and Megatron escape but again, its one sided. First movie I'll give but the second, should be a change of pace, especially if preceeded by another movie. That's just my take on it, I'll still see the movie and enjoy the few toys I like from it.

Likewise...on the clarification from NCTransFan & BlackoutX's comments (we're certainly on the same page). I'll state it again...this sequel should be our Empire! I'll leave it at that...thanks again for all this info!

as much as people are wanting this one to go all Empire... remember that all the information that we are getting is from kids books so far. Hell, all we know it WILL go that way. I kinda want that too by the way. As to the ending here, I am content to wait and see instead of finding out ahead of time.

As to the ending here, I am content to wait and see instead of finding out ahead of time.

Then I have to respectfully ask, "Why are you on this spoilers thread?" :shrug If you've made it this far, you've found out a LOT ahead of time!

Again, I did read two different endings and agree that the more violent of the two could really be the true ending. In that case, "The Fallen" is destroyed when Optimus slams the a broken piece of the machine into his skull and then wacks Megatron to pieces with a steel girder... literally.

:eek

See... :damnit ...I know this is all speculation based on these books, but I take issue with this. So, Megatron is being resurrected only to be killed again? This time along with the Fallen? And Prime doesn't die? (or I guess we still don't completely know that) I guess what leaves me bewildered is that we've been led to believe that Megatron is this all powerful bad guy, and along with his minions, were able to take over Cybertron...so explain to me how that was allowed to happen, but the only end result we seem to see onscreen is Megs getting slagged? Something just doesn't add up... :shrug If this is the outcome, it's gonna result in the same issue that I had with the first movie. The Decepticons have not been envisioned as the ultimate war machines that they should be! Hell, the Romulans or any Skynet invention seems to be tougher! (that's sarcasm for anyone taking that line seriously) The Cons hold their own fairly well against humans (sometimes), but they can't seem to get the upper hand on a rag-tag group of autobots...the same type of Bots that the Cons overran on Cybertron. Anybody see what I mean? I guess they're wanting everything to hinge on an allspark, and now a matrix, but I'm left unsatisfied with that. I know we got Orci & Kurtzman on this, but damn do we need J.J.! I was really hoping this would be the Empire of Transformers...something with more of an unsettling (possibly sinister) twist at the end. So from any speculation that arises from these books, we're getting nada...

I write this not to antagonize or offend...and I'm still going to enjoy the movie...I just gotta know if anyone else is having similar issues with this? Thanks!

I would like to shed a little more light on my earlier statements. I didn't say that Megatron dies, he just gets really clobbered by Optimus. The books don't even say that "The Fallen" dies... as someone mentioned earlier, probably because they are for kids and young adults. I would just assume that a spike to the head would kill about anyone, but we are talking Transformers here. Anything's possible, but my best educated guess at this:

"The Fallen" is destroyed", which would leave "The Last Prime", one of the book's titles. Megatron escapes through a wormhole, but does so badly damaged from Optimus' attack. This scenario would blend elements from the endings of both books, again since they are so similar. For all we know, this could lead to Megatron returning in the third movie as "Galvatron"! Maybe Unicron is introduced, etc. Who knows at this point... all speculation based upon what I've read.

Thanks for the insight. I think "formerly nortagem" thing as well as mine is that, its a bit one sided. As I said for a "trilogy" the tide should turn in favor of the decpticons. I did hear from someone else that both the Fallen and Megatron escape but again, its one sided. First movie I'll give but the second, should be a change of pace, especially if preceeded by another movie. That's just my take on it, I'll still see the movie and enjoy the few toys I like from it.

This is my first post though I've been reading these threads for a couple years now :wave . Just to add my meger two cents, I think that this movie will see the Decepticons "owning" the Autobots for the majority of the film only to barely lose at the end (if they truly lose). I imagine that if the Decepticons were to win in this movie it would be an uncomfortable waiting period between the second and third movies since Bay had mentioned wanting to take a year off before starting on the third film. IMO I feel that the Autobots should suffer major casualties (not just jetfire but the unicycles -arcee and her sisters-, jolt, ratchet, and the twins - for even being thought up in the first place) if they are indeed going to win in this film. Although I don't agree with Megs being run off for a second time I do enjoy the idea of Prime finally getting some payback for that arse whoopin he took in the first film. That still bothers me to this day how weak he was, only 1 trip as your laying on the ground moaning Prime? Really?

I understand your feeling about Prime being weak, but let's remember that he didn't have the ability to fly in the first film and still doesn't have it until the end of this one. He also doesn't get the Matrix of Leadership until the end of this film, according to the books of course. I believe these two upgrades make him much more formidable against Megatron and the Decepticons... especially the Matrix addition. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I really don't care. The movie seems to be better than the first one. Besides, the Decepticons would destroy the world if they win the battle. Plus, all this crap about how a trilogy should go: good guys win, bad guys win, good guys win for good, it's too used already. I just want them to follow the comics and cartoon stories as much as possible and introduce many of the most likeable characters and keep it action packed. Besides, they don't make the Decpeticons look weak. If they did that, then I would agree with your complaints, but they don't. My only problem is with the humans being able to damage the Transformers. Aren't they supposed to be made of one of the strongest metals in the universe not yet known by humans? How can a grenade launcher and F22 missiles hurt them? That's my only problem. Maybe a nuke. But the humans taking down Devastator, I really don't like that.

I really don't care. The movie seems to be better than the first one. Besides, the Decepticons would destroy the world if they win the battle. Plus, all this crap about how a trilogy should go: good guys win, bad guys win, good guys win for good, it's too used already. I just want them to follow the comics and cartoon stories as much as possible and introduce many of the most likeable characters and keep it action packed. Besides, they don't make the Decpeticons look weak. If they did that, then I would agree with your complaints, but they don't. My only problem is with the humans being able to damage the Transformers. Aren't they supposed to be made of one of the strongest metals in the universe not yet known by humans? How can a grenade launcher and F22 missiles hurt them? That's my only problem. Maybe a nuke. But the humans taking down Devastator, I really don't like that.

I agree about not following the Star Wars scenario, and I still think there is more to the story than the novels are letting on. I think the third movie will further explore Sam's connection to the Transformers, as is hinted to in this movie. The humans do not destroy Devastator, but rather Simmons finds a way to break him up back into the separate Constructicons. As far as I know, they are still very much alive at the end.

So does anyone reading this thread want to know a bit more... or should I keep all the "novel" secrets to myself?

:wtf

Please share, I really want to know what happens and I can't wait for the movie to be leaked like X-men Origins did :lol

How bout a pic of JF and Prime combo?

So does anyone reading this thread want to know a bit more... or should I keep all the "novel" secrets to myself?

:wtf

Please share, I really want to know what happens and I can't wait for the movie to be leaked like X-men Origins did :lol

Oh man, could you imagine a workprint of Transformers? I'm talking about seeing wires and incomplete CG. At least they would get the soundtrack right. (Wolverine workprint used the Transformers soundtrack)

Archived