Movie Books In-Hand - Plot Unveiled

NCTransFan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... I am shocked to see that I received a promo on the home page! Now, I really can't let anyone down. Thankfully, I just finished the Junior Novel and have many more tidbits to offer!

Okay, I will see if I can't touch on everyone's questions and comments thusfar:

1) Can you shed some light on the scenes with "the Doctor"? Torture scenes are a big turn off to me, especially in movies with a TOY LINE, so I'd like to know what to expect.

My Answer: "The Doctor" gets blown apart pretty quickly in the book, right as he is about to torture Sam, so no torture scene.

2) What role does Starscream play in the books? Also, care to spill the beans about Barricade, Alice and any Frenzy updates? I ask because Frenzy is mentioned in the prequel novel.

My Answer: There is no mention of "Frenzy" or "Barricade". Now that I have finished the novel, I can say that it appears Starscream receives a lot of face time throughout the movie. The book also makes no further mention of Alice after they flee from her. As far as I know, she is not destroyed, and man does she pack a punch!

3) Megatron answers to nobody!! That's how I have always seen it. Don't know how I feel about this,

So who dies?

Did Megs want 2 of Sideswipe as well?

Did Op and JF combine?

So good guys win at the end again right? Nothing about the Decepticons? Like they still have a trick up their sleeves or something. What about Soundwave, did he ever appear?

My Answer: I understand the feeling that Megs should not answer to anyone, but you've got to understand that "The Fallen" is one of the original 12 Transformers produced by the AllSpark through the Matrix of Leadership. He is a "Prime", and the one who caused the initial split which led to the formation of the Decepticon faction. He's like the President of the Decepticons, with Megatron as the General. Megs still has the highest military rank on the battlefield, but "The Fallen" seems to be the mastermind behind him. I think Megs only follows his orders, because he was promised to be made into a Prime as well.

Again, I am only going by what I read in the book, so the movie could differ, but the list of expired Transformers in the film include "The Doctor" and "Jet Fire".

I'm not sure I understand the Sideswipe question? There is only one Sideswipe in the book.

Jet Fire sacrifices himself, so Optimus can be upgraded with his parts (wings, engines, etc) in order to deactivate the solar device.

The good guys do win, so this doesn't seem to be the "Empire Strikes Back" type of ending that some people might have been expecting. However, the two books I read gave very different accounts of the final battle's final moments. One account has Optimus killing "The Fallen" and basically ripping Megatron to pieces (we're talking arm removal, destroying his legs, etc) while the Junior Novel has Megatron escaping and "The Fallen" being cast into a wormhole purgatory of sorts. So, even in the books, I think the producers want to keep us guessing to some extent. My guess is that when the books were written, the book writer's adapted the storylines from different script revisions. There will still probably be changes in the final film, but I feel that the overall story will not change. I think Michael Bay is a pretty smart guy, and he would anticipate these books getting out early, so the final shooting script was most likely not adapted. Hey, I don't know of any rule that says you have to adapt a movie's novel adaptation from the final script draft.

Soundwave does seem to appear quite a bit in the Junior Novel, but does not ever leave space. He is jamming transmissions and listening to "chatter" about the events below. He is especially busy tracking Sam, etc.

4) What about Jazz?

My Answer: I didn't see Jazz in either of the books.

5) Im interested in what Transformers make an appearance, so far there's:

Megatron - My Answer: Yep

Blackout - My Answer: Yep

Starscream - My Answer: Yep

Soundwave - My Answer: Yep

Ravage - My Answer: Yep

The Doctor (Scalpel) - My Answer: Yep

Alice? - My Answer: Yep

Long Haul - My Answer: Yep

Mixmaster - My Answer: Yep

Demolishor - My Answer: Yep

Rampage - My Answer: Yep

Overload? - My Answer: Yep

Scavenger? - My Answer: Yep... I assume those are the six Constructicon names in the film... the books do not name them all.

Sideways - My Answer: Not in the books.

Optimus - My Answer: Yep

Bumblebee - My Answer: Yep

Ratchet - My Answer: Yep

Ironhide - My Answer: Yep

Sideswipe - My Answer: Yep

Mudflap - My Answer: Yep

Skids - My Answer: Yep

Arcee - My Answer: Not in the books.

Chromia - My Answer: Not in the books.

Moonracer? - My Answer: Not in the books.

Jolt - My Answer: Not in the books.

Jetfire - My Answer: Yep

Anyone else in them books we werent aware of? - My Answer: Yep... from the Decepticon Nemesis ship, Megatron releases I think 15 or 16 Decepticons who were in cyro-sleep or something similar. I can't be sure who all of these are, but it is mentioned in the Junior Novel.

And does Soundwave get any friggin sreen time or is he just in space the entire time. My Answer: I already covered this above.

6) What happens to Mikela? (Does she actually fight or is she just draped over various vehicles again?)

My Answer: She definately appears to kick more butt this time, especially with Wheels as he is initially a Decepticon spy trying to steal Sam's fragment from her dad's shop. However, they appear to become quite close, as he becomes more her "pet" Transformer in the end. Mikaela also has a little encounter with Alice, although brief since Alice has just revealed herself.

7) I want to know if you know how many Tranfromers are in the movie, if you can't answer that then what Autobot would die to kill Devastator?

My Answer: I covered the Transformer names above. No autobot dies fighting Devastator that I know of. It's the humans that have to take him out. The bots are busy fighting each other, while Devastator is busy demolishing the pyramid to reveal the machine inside.

8) Wow, I told myself I wouldn't look at spoilers for this movie....so much for self control

Anyway here's some quick questions:

* What role does Jolt play in the book? My Answer: I saw nothing about Jolt.

* Do Jetfire and Optimus combine and if so when and against who? My Answer: I covered this above.

* Does Mudflap get destroyed by Devastator? (The recent trailer showed him getting sucked into a vortex) My Answer: I saw nothing about this incident in the books.

9) I bet the matrix is that claw looking object sam is holding.

My Answer: You are correct.

10) So, Transformer character descriptions... y'all gonna post some? and I mean what the books have to say about them...

My Answer: The books don't really seem to spend time describing anymore details than we already know about the characters.

11) WHAT, IF ANYBODY CAN TELL ME, IS SOUNDWAVE'S EARTH FORM?!?!?! *sigh* and I'm certain it's not a silverado like the concept art shows because he's supposedly taller than long haul... who in these pics looks taller than Meggers...hhhhmmmmmmmm

My Answer: He does not have an Earth form that I saw in the books.

12) So is Starscream alive at the end?

My Answer: As far as I could tell, he escapes as usual.

I think this catches me up with all of the postings so far. I'll check back later. ~ NCTransFan

THANKS!!!

I'm not sure I understand the Sideswipe question? There is only one Sideswipe in the book.

Oh, that was just my poor attempt of a joke where Megs tore Jazz in half.

Jazz: "You want a piece of me!?"

Megs: "No I want.... two!!!"

Jet Fire sacrifices himself, so Optimus can be upgraded with his parts (wings, engines, etc) in order to deactivate the solar device.

So, what happens to those parts when he is not using em? Seems like a one time thing then if he gets rid of em.

The twins combine? Anything involving the ice cream truck?

Can someone post a pic of Prime+ JetFire combo?

Well thats a lot of spoilers, but really do the bad guys don't win damn, thats not good but I sure the movie will have the bads guys win

another question does please tell me devastator surives?

I will be really :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

...wait, a minute...I think the comics pulling a little bait-and-switch on us. What I'm mistaking for the guy that makes up Dev's left arm, I think is actually the 7th Constructicon from the Legends set (the earth loader truck), who is red. Then when we see Dev formed, he disappears & the crane guy appears as the yellow left arm. I call foul... :wtf

...still dig the comic pics though...thanx!

Yea it doesn't make any, individually I can only see 5 constructions, still have no clue as to the purple one is.

Thanks for the hard work that clearly went into that comprehensive spoiler post, NCTransFan. Kick ass dude.

If I had to guess, I would say that we won't get the full story until the offical novelization (the non-junior one comes out). The Junior ones always avoid any mention of death and gloom. Biggest example: The Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Jr. Novel had everyone live and happily become pirates that had happy adventures. We all know that didn't happen.

I have a feeling the same is true here, where the ending will be alot more dark than the Jr. Novel lets on.

If I had to guess, I would say that we won't get the full story until the offical novelization (the non-junior one comes out). The Junior ones always avoid any mention of death and gloom. Biggest example: The Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Jr. Novel had everyone live and happily become pirates that had happy adventures. We all know that didn't happen.

I have a feeling the same is true here, where the ending will be alot more dark than the Jr. Novel lets on.

I have a children's novel of the 2007 movie that ends with the Decepticons being defeated and leaving earth as comets like the Autobots arrived. No one died.

Archived