Movie Books In-Hand - Plot Unveiled

NCTransFan

Spill it dude. No one want's to play 20 questions in a spoiler thread.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all fairness to everyone who worked so hard on this film, I'd rather just answer questions from this point instead of spoiling the rest of the movie. Fire away!

So what happens from where you left off in the story to the very end of the story?

or to break it down in several questions...

What happens next? What happens after that?... and after that?... and after that?... and then what?

:thumb

Okay, at this point no one who wants to be sheltered from the plot better be reading this thread. Just post the synopsis chapter by chapter, with emphasis on TF charactrers introduced and what they do.

Okay, so after Sam's house is totaled (and the books differ on this somewhat, as one mentions the crazy kitchen appliance attack and the other does not) both books continue with Sam heading out to college. He meets his new roomie and a "special girl" who is "really interested" in him just across the hall. I think most of us know who she is (PRE***DER) due to much speculative buzz.

While this is going on, Soundwave is basically in charge of bringing back Megatron, who we obviously know returns from the trailers.

Megatron immediately takes off to outer space and communicates with "The Fallen", who it appears has been the head Decepticon leader the whole time... which I suppose makes sense, since they've both been around the Earth for a similar length of time. Anyhow, Megatron has got to track down Sam, since he has the coordinates in his head for locating the Matrix.

(I'm leaving out some really cool fight scenes and story chunks in the midst of everything, since not all really seem to have anything to do with moving the story forward, so you should still be pleasantly surprised.)

However, one fight is crucial, with Optimus facing an attack. This leaves him wounded and so it becomes more important than ever for Sam to find the Matrix. One of the next locations finds Sam in the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. where he links up with a certain massive "old" jet, who still wears a Decepticon symbol. The jet is on display and is reactivated with Sam's AllSpark fragment. (I think this description is accurate... don't have the book in front of me at the moment.) It turns out that this character doesn't much care to be a Decepticon anymore and so offers to help Sam find the Matrix. Again, since Optimus is the only one who can stop "The Fallen", he must be repaired before anything can be done.

Long story short, Jet Fire warps the gang off to Egypt where they find the tomb, where a large battle ensues for the Matrix possession. (P.S. I think the silver object seen in the trailers is indeed the Matrix.) "The Fallen" returns and snatches it as one of Egypt's pyramids actually houses the star machine. However, we learn that Megatron had thought he would be given the Matrix, so he could become a Prime as well... kinda like a shunned family member. Bummer for him.

Optimus ends up with it (which is a given regardless of what is shared here) leaving everyone to take a whooping and again I'm leaving some large story chunks out, but I just can't bring myself to tell everything. That's pretty much the jist of the story... Optimus gets his "Prime" on and becomes the true leader, as we all know he has been. Sam learns something about himself and his connection to the Transformers race, so I think the producers are leaving all kinds of avenues for the third film.

Again, the books seem to differ on various parts of the story, so I can't be sure what's actually included in the movie itself. I'm sure they did this on purpose, since these books are already available. Regardless, I think the overall plot is pretty clear, which is what I've outlined. Anyhow, this is my review and my opinion is that I think it will be a great movie!

By the way, a little tidbit that I found interesting is that "The Fallen's" face is actually the reference source for the Decepticon symbol that we all know so well.

Class Dismissed... Questions?

Can you list any TF names we don't know as members of the cast yet?

How about a little on the Constructicons?

By "warps" do you mean Jetfire can teleport?

Jetfire warps.....The Fallen warps......hmmm ;)

So far, I don't recall reading about any secret characters, although that certainly doesn't mean anything, since they might have been omitted from the books. I can say that the ice cream truck shown in earlier set images, is in fact the twins Mudflap and Skids, prior to their taking on their Smart Car forms. "How does one truck contain two Transformers?" you might ask. The ice cream truck splits in half, like a double ice cream bar, and each half transforms into the twins.

Ravage carries "The Doctor" around with him, which is a small spider-like Transformer. "Wheels" is of course an RC truck, so he's a pretty small little Transformer as well.

Regarding Jet Fire's ability to teleport, he can open up a trans-dimensional space bridge, which is how they teleport to Egypt. He also tells the story about how "The Fallen" (one by one) deactivated 11 of the 12 Primes, leaving one to bury himself with the Matrix. I assume that Jet Fire was a Decepticon at that time, which is why he still lives to tell the story.

According to the book I read, you don't really see Devastator form and take action until the final battle at the movie's end. However, the Constructicons appear to be in scenes throughout. The funny part is that the Autobots are too busy with "The Fallen" and Megatron to deal with Devastator. It's the humans that must take action against him.

Can you shed some light on the scenes with "the Doctor"? Torture scenes are a big turn off to me, especially in movies with a TOY LINE, so I'd like to know what to expect.

Okay, here are my facts... I've read one of the two books so far and am about 20% done with the Junior Novel. I will post new information as I come across it.

Regarding "The Doctor", he crawls inside of Megatron's body and inserts the AllSpark fragment to jolt him back. I haven't see anymore with him beyond that, but still have quite a bit of the Junior Novel left to read. I am noticing that the novel is much more detailed than the theme books. (The Last Prime, etc) so I expect to see more of him.

I think people who are unaware of Alice's true mission, will be shocked when they see the movie. The writing goes pretty far to highlight her and Sam's relationship, so much that some people may actually believe she will replace Makayla as his girlfriend. In reality, she's more of a Decepticon style Terminator, so people may draw alot of correlations to the FOX "Sarah Conner Chronicles". In the writing, she appears very much like the new Terminator designs that show emotion, etc. Anyhow, I still give them kudos for inserting a Pretender in the movie. The correlation cannot be avoided, since Pretenders would very well appear as a robot under flesh. Again, most viewers will have no clue, whereas they might guess it if they were watching the Terminator show or movie. I'm in part of the novel now, where she has revealed herself and is chasing down Sam, Makayla, and his roomie.

I haven't come across anything concerning Frenzy or Barricade yet, but again it doesn't mean it's not there. The only Starscream tidbit I've noticed so far is that he gets clocked in the face by Megatron while he's communicating with "The Fallen" on the Decepticon "Nemesis" ship. Megatron appears none too pleased with Starscream for leaving him to rust at the bottom of the ocean. By the way, Megatron's relationship with "The Fallen" reminds me of a Star Wars master and apprentice relationship. In the book, "The Fallen" actually addresses Megatron as his apprentice.

That's it for now... I'll get back to reading.

Archived