Mod for Binaltech Tracks

kumtoshi

No. The seats are part of the back window segment and thus in car mode, they do not fold down-only had mine from yesterday and honestly haven't played with him much believe it or not so not 100% sure. The mod is very easy and I didn't chip any paint or anything. Nice clean mod actually.

With my mod, I don't believe the front can fold under the back; doesn't look like there's enough clearance in that the back window doesn't move out of the way enough; but the closeness of the closure makes this issue nill; they essentially close right against themselves.

Basically, the mod does 2 things:

1) it moves the front windshield off his @$$ and onto his back.

2) it takes the doors that hung midway down behind his upper legs and places them slightly higher with other positioning possibilities.

I put the doors as shown so they kinda fit in between the back and front.

The great thing about these things though is that Takara has designed enough transformation into them that we can basically take the 'baseline' TF and do what we like.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey what do you think of DeadEnds Trunk, it almost looks like was was ment to open, have you tried moding that yet?

I noticed that too but underneathe should be another sheet of black plastic. At least it looks like it.

So far my only mod has been Sideswipe's trunk mod just to close the back though. Not become his chest. How'd you know that Tracks could be modded so easily?

When I transformed him, I noticed that the windshield could fold all the way over. Then I noticed that the center torso looked like it was in a few pieces. So I took a deep breath and started unscrewing his chest... the rest was ...destiny : )

5.  Now, you can basically separate the 2 halves (upper & lower or front & back; however you want to look at it) of the center torso.

6.  This reveals a screw underneath the steering wheel/doors unit.  Remove this screw-same size as the one in Step 3.

Do you have a picture where that sixth screw can be found?

OK the mod is done, but can you transform Tracks into the car again?

Here's step 1. Sorry when I took the pics, they don't necessarily correspond to my list above, but you get the picture.

Also, this is probably only suggested for those with careful hands and PATIENCE. Also, for legal reasons or whatever I'm talking about, I don't take any responsibility for anyone destroying their Tracks. Since I did it originally, I can do this in about 5 minutes but that's the same concept with how you get faster at transforming something once you initially do it.

I hope the next few pics will show what's going on. Again, I did this just for my own amuzement, but I thought some of you guys might enjoy the mod yourself. So bone appetite!

post-26-1096694797.jpg

Archived