Argos..

FREEFALLL666

Anyone else find this a pretty shitty business?

I have been to our local Argos every week for the last 6. Every time Customer View, same blooming bots. I got an explanation, apparently as long as they have 1 of an item in, they don't get a re-stock.. Now how are people supposed to have the "Choce" that Argos supposedly prides itself on if they aint even allowed one because of this practice?

Argos, and Asda are the only places we can buy TF toys in our town which is quite large. How can a brand survive in this country with that and the almost 200% of US prices?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too am disappointed with Argos.

Just today, I went in after a trip to town to get Animated Blurr (who is AWESOME!), intending to finish it off with Universe Inferno from Argos. But alas, they were sold out!

I suppose this gives me my reason to go and buy the Henkei instead.

we get the same thing with our retailers too...

Sucks, smart chain stores rotate stock that isn't selling between stores to keep the customer intrested. Those that don't tend to be those that fail(K-Mart)

I too am disappointed with Argos.

Just today, I went in after a trip to town to get Animated Blurr (who is AWESOME!), intending to finish it off with Universe Inferno from Argos. But alas, they were sold out!

I suppose this gives me my reason to go and buy the Henkei instead.

I doubt if they've ever even had Inferno. Like most of their TFs he shares a catalogue number with many others, and the shelves at my local branch have been nothing but Blaster and Heavy Load since January.

(I know because I work there).

UK treatment of Transformers is indeed chronically bad.

Funnily enough, it was Inferno that they were using to advertise the Voyager scale toys!

But it seems that the internet has provided for me where Argos could not. It's sad, as buying in store always beats buying online.

I've only seen inferno once in stores and I foolishly passed on him (which I regret), since he is one of the last universe figures I want... I plan on ordering him off hasbro's site once I move though...

Yeah I searched for Inferno for 2 months from mid January through mid March and finally gave up and ordered him from HTS. I too prefer to find figs in store but often they are more readily available in online stores. Plus if you wait a couple months after the release date they often put them on sale or you might get them on a yearly sale like BBTS is having now. Or you could luck out on ebay like I did Monday night. I got the original 1983 GI Joe Headquarters 85%-95% complete just missing some small guns, cameras, and the jail cell door for $9.95 + $17.30 for shipping. :tfgrin

It's a shame woolworths folded. While the smaller stores sucked, the larger that were "big W" were always rammed with TFs.

How do ToyRus fare over here? I've never gone to one as they're a bit out the way, and Glasgow has places like Forbidden Planet and A1 Comics (the superior store) but I would like to know all of my options.

Woolworths were pretty good for TF. Not a massive range, but more than Argos and no "customer viewing" issues.

How do ToyRus fare over here? I've never gone to one as they're a bit out the way, and Glasgow has places like Forbidden Planet and A1 Comics (the superior store) but I would like to know all of my options.

Woolworths were pretty good for TF. Not a massive range, but more than Argos and no "customer viewing" issues.

Funny you should say that, I was in my local Toys R Us this afternoon! For their size I generally find them disappointing so only check in every couple of months. Got Universe Ironhide for £7.69 (wasn't going to bother with the Hasbro version but they didn't have anything else of interest and Deluxe's are on offer). No Inferno; I'm wondering if Hasbro UK will suddenly flood us with him when we've all given up and paid over the odds online?!

Archived