PICS UPLOADED! Walmart listings of New RoTF figures!!!

PuertoRiCON

I was blown away by the detail, how realistic their alt modes are, and the clever transformations.

The transformations are pretty clever, and in some cases quite marvelous, but once you think about it, a lot of them are basically glorified shell formers. At the core, most of the movie figures are really simply a matter of moving panels out of the way and unfolding the robot underneath. Animated has some really nice transformations and end up with almost no kibble at times, like blurr for example. But yes, the details and alt modes are much more satisfying in hand than in pictures. I just wish some of those details could be painted better *looking at ROTF sideways :bored*

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was blown away by the detail, how realistic their alt modes are, and the clever transformations.

The transformations are pretty clever, and in some cases quite marvelous, but once you think about it, a lot of them are basically glorified shell formers. At the core, most of the movie figures are really simply a matter of moving panels out of the way and unfolding the robot underneath. Animated has some really nice transformations and end up with almost no kibble at times, like blurr for example. But yes, the details and alt modes are much more satisfying in hand than in pictures. I just wish some of those details could be painted better *looking at ROTF sideways :bored*

I don't mind good "shellformers" or good "kibble." I just transformed Salvage and I love the look of his fenders and doors on his sides.

On the otherhand I find the Animated toys bland. And too playskool-ish. I have TFA Blurr and really like him but I'm not all that impressed by his transformation. None of my Animated toys really stand out to me, maybe I just don't have the right ones...

It's just a matter of personal opinion folks. Some people like the simplistic, cartoony style of Animated while others like super-intricate, realistic styles shown in the movie.

Wow. There's so much win in this news post. Blaze Master, Dead End, (and surprisingly) the ice cream truck twins just look awesome. I feel that thier ice cream truck mode really does suit them better than the Chevy hybrids. Ravage is also pretty cool looking, glad to see they stuck with a missile mode instead of sticking some half-assed attempt of a robot in there.

ON the package it states its his "entry mode", not missle.

Im diggin the ice cream twins ALOT! Im goin for Prime, Megs, SS and the twins cars and truck so far. Maaaybe Sideways or Swipe depending on the actual movie. Im betting Prime's 2nd release will c ome with a new head with his mouth showing OR a gimmick to go back and forth.

Im betting Prime's 2nd release will c ome with a new head with his mouth showing OR a gimmick to go back and forth.

The ONLY thing that's making me hesitate on getting Prime is that I KNOW somewhere down the line, Hasbro's gonna release Premiums. Not to mention those red toes of his are driving me crazy.

Ravage is TEH LUV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived