A way of introducing Powermasters into the IDW continuity

darqen2468

Ok, so i was sitting in a lecture the other day bored and i had this idea about powermasters in IDW. Following on from the whole human headmasters thing.. i had this thought that what if powermasters were the equivalent of drugs to transformers? I.E. linking a powermaster provides some sort of ultra energon high thats massively addictive like heroin. I had two thoughts a) human remenants of the headmaster people or b) Megatron uses it as a tactic to ensure a somehow restored (i came up with this before i realised what had happened to him in revelation)) doubldealer's loyalty to him, and then he expands that to other traitorous decepticons, or in a way to get autobots to work for him etc. Anyways I kind of thought it was a cool idea, but I've got a feeling others will think its a terrible terrible idea! Just thought I'd share it anyway.

its a rough start for a idea not that thats a bad thing

as i have come to understand it when it comes to the various versions of the transformers fictional mythos vector sigma, cybertron, the matrix ,and the allspark are all parts of the single living greater god like being known as primus

now i have been giving this a bit of thought lately

Say that each living Cybertronian could actually possess to their person the potential to power up/supercharge/self evolve / self ascend at will for want of a better way or wording it as a way for that person to over time work their way up through the various stages of enhanced and upgraded Cybertronian that separates the individual in question from a bot or con like Optimus or Megatron in terms of over all physical strength, stamina, endurance, speed, agility, intelligence and over all firepower .

With this being due to said Cybertronian as a living being possessing a spark bond to the matrix , vector sigma and the Allspark of Primus itself and through that bond possess the potential over time to go from being a relatively normal Cybertronain to being one who has used that bond to self enhance and otherwise evolve their body over time to being at the most extreme a Cybertronian who's overall power levels could potentially rival or even surpass those of even the most powerful of Autobots or Decepticons such as Optimus Prime or Megatron

with it being a case of the spirit being willing though the flesh be weak

with the individual in question using a severely brutal combination of training , determination, processor over matter and the power of their very life spark to achieve over time that which would be the presumably impossible when seen through the optics of a cybertronian who has worked their way up through the ranks to achieve that same set of personal power levels through full body enhancements and upgrades

In essence it being a reasonable comparison to the whole idea of a saiyan character from the dragonball/z/gt mythos ascending to a super saiyan level 1, 2 ,3 and 4.

That is to say that one could possibly look at this scenario as being a transformers mythos adaption of the idea .

I actually think it would be interesting to see that idea explored throughout a animated series or comic storyline.

I actually think it would be possible for a g1 era Autobot or Decepticon or a beast era Maximal or Predacon to achieve that kind of self evolution assuming that the individual in question can successfully learn to control and properly channel the power of their lifespark , can also master processor over matter and in doing so use the two simultaneously together as a way to self evolve their body through the use of willpower as a way to both control and direct that persons metamorphosis into a more powerful being on a full body submoleculer/nanotechnological level.

all i'm saying is that the idea itself can and does exist and depending on the mythos in question can be explored at length to various degrees

what are your thoughts on the matter?

Well that's a far cry from what the guy in the first post was talking about. Though it is an interesting idea. It also seems to be basically what has been happening to Prowl on Animated over the last couple of years. The side car upgrade looks as though it was designed as a part of him but his body and processor weren't ready for that part of him the first time. He worked and trained his body and processor and now he is ready to handle the power that part of him gives him.

Back to the Power Master idea it is an interesting idea. Though I'd like to see the Power Masters more like Minicons where they increase the power of a bot or unlock a secret hidden power like on the old Japanese Anime where the vehicles couldn't transform with out the humans. Though a mind control component on the Decepticon ones might be an interesting thing to explore. It wouldn't be right for the Autobot ones. Their Power Masters would be volunteers from Nebulon or earth who joined with their Autobot partners to fight off the Decepticons.

Yeah, i agree it wouldnt work on autobots really. But then again sunstreaker wasnt a headmaster in g1 so it wouldnt necessarily have to be the original powermasters. Also my idea about autobot powermasters was they would be experiments and then maybe autobots were develop their own diluted version to use like methadone treatment

Anybody notice that Minicons were really just Powermasters with Alt-modes?

Archived