*Exclusive* Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Footage

johnDoe4880

My issue is simply that - beginning with the run-up to the first movie - he made decisions, explained said decisions, and then contradicted his explanations with the finished product.

The Allspark mass-shift is not a contradiction. Mystic artifact =/= character. It's a common literary device. If Gandalf survived the Balrog's fire, you'd call bullshit. But when the One Ring survives being thrown in a fireplace, you're down with it.

With that out of the way, please provide me with some examples of these explained decisions which were then contradicted and now have you in such an uproar.

I actually went out on an investigative hunt to find quotes straight from the horse's mouth; unfortunately, this has proven rather difficult. Michael Bay's site has slewn most of its content from around the same time as the first movie was in production (a result, I'm guessing, of the site redesign that took place at the same time.) A third of Michael Bay's own posts are missing. Plus, Bay has, in the past, uploaded and then removed content (such as his Blu-Ray-related remarks) which doesn't help matters. The Don Murphy forum only extends back what appears to be a year or so before topics disappear. Attempting a more general scouring of the Internet has proven equally fruitless, as any actual quotes appear to be buried directly under a mountain of forum topics, blog posts and various comments all referring to the topic.

So alas, I cannot supply the proof that you ask for.

In light of this, and the potentially circular nature of the argument, I do not think we can go much further with this discussion.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For real, dude. Your angst over these comments indicates a bit of sad immaturity on your part as well.

And I think it's sad, no...EXTREMELY sad that I, the resident Atmo Troll, has to say this to you.

Okay Hobbes I didn't wanna bring you into this because you're a cool guy n'all but you didn't get that point did you? I'm not a hypocrite for pointing out he's a sexist which I am obviously not. So I don't understand why you're saying I am a hypocrite, I am not trying to force my opinions here I'm just tired of the sexist remarks and if he so pursues the need to demean women, then so be it, it just means he's not worth the time. And nobody said you had to defend this Troll, so why do you have to? you can leave the fight that you were never even part of and go on with your own life, because from my point of view you're a good guy, but just stay out of it.

Dude, we established that his comments, misguided though they may be, were inquisitive in nature. He might be wrong, but people are wrong all the time - at least he's trying to get a clearer picture of how the world works by questioning his world view.

Who the hell are you to chastise him for asking those questions? Explain to him why he's wrong in an adult manner or ignore him, but don't chastise him for trying to learn. Your high and mighty lecture routine doesn't help him or the forum.

Youtube link for those with slow connections like mine. Quality could be better, but working on it. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcbyuRTlaYA

downed do to copyright claim WTF MAN ALL ICAN FIND IS ANALYSIS WHERE USERS PAUSE IT EVERY DAMN SCENE THAT SAYS OMG OR PWND IDIOTS THAT KNOW JACH S@3T ABOUT TRANSFORMERS :tfhuh

Try this http://www.movieweb.com/play/VIG9WGHKsU84K...;TB_iframe=true

For real, dude. Your angst over these comments indicates a bit of sad immaturity on your part as well.

And I think it's sad, no...EXTREMELY sad that I, the resident Atmo Troll, has to say this to you.

Okay Hobbes I didn't wanna bring you into this because you're a cool guy n'all but you didn't get that point did you? I'm not a hypocrite for pointing out he's a sexist which I am obviously not. So I don't understand why you're saying I am a hypocrite, I am not trying to force my opinions here I'm just tired of the sexist remarks and if he so pursues the need to demean women, then so be it, it just means he's not worth the time. And nobody said you had to defend this Troll, so why do you have to? you can leave the fight that you were never even part of and go on with your own life, because from my point of view you're a good guy, but just stay out of it.

Dude, we established that his comments, misguided though they may be, were inquisitive in nature. He might be wrong, but people are wrong all the time - at least he's trying to get a clearer picture of how the world works by questioning his world view.

Who the hell are you to chastise him for asking those questions? Explain to him why he's wrong in an adult manner or ignore him, but don't chastise him for trying to learn. Your high and mighty lecture routine doesn't help him or the forum.

okay fine, I understand and I'm done chastising,

-Ian over and out

And FTR...I'm sorry for anything that may have been interpreted as sexist. I did not mean to come off as such.

Hobbes couldn't be more correct. I'm just confused in that regard. Not that I want companionship, sharp, but congratulations to you and your wife-to-be

I'm not a troll. Trolls don't usually have over 1000 posts. I've been a member of this forum since 2005. I had a highly successful fic too for a while. I just have unique opinions and sometimes come off stronger than intended

he smirked in every other continuity! it's tradition dammit! I like donuts!

wait what? damn i'm hungry :tflaugh

he smirked in every other continuity! it's tradition dammit! I like donuts!

wait what? damn i'm hungry :tflaugh

You know what, I'll take back what I said, I'll comment back, thanks for apologizing, sorry I came off as brutal Atmo, shake on it? ^^ (no need for me to be a douche to ya, right?)

*virtual handshake*

Apology accepted....Want a donut? me too >_<

oh i want some too DONUTS DONUTS DONUTS DAMNIT

Archived