What's next for the Masterpiece line?

Superior Grilled Cheese

If I'm not mistaken then so far it's been one new mould and one reuse of a previous mould per year. We've already had a new one this year so the next release will most likely be a repaint or adaption of a previous mould.

Well, this could mean:

Prime:

- maybe a more complete version (Roller)

- maybe a diaclone Powered Convoy blue one

- or perhaps even a black version. (I'd have no trouble with this assuming that they give him a more RiD head and different weapons).

Megatron:

- a complete edition with silencer etc...

- a version in the original Japanese colors (the Megaplex version)

- a black one

Seeker mould:

- Sunstorm

- Coneheads

(It's even possible that they'd release a repaint of Grimlock: G2 or something like it.)

As for new figures, anyone's guess is good. But I would expect it to be figures that were assured sales. Soundwave is pretty well known character (with repaint potential) so it could be him.

But I seriously doubt will be getting Insecticons or the other Dinobots or any other secondary character. They're just not important enough in the original series and therefor not interesting enough to make as a MP.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Concerning the Dinobots, and a sub group like the Insecticons. I would scale them down and do multipacks. Say Swoop and Sludge, then Slag and Snarl. Do the Insecticons in a 3 pack. They'd be smaller, but the matterials should balance as your getting 2 or 3.

I never owned any of the original Dinobots, but weren't the transformations for Snarl, Slag, and Sludge all very similar? Maybe they could make one and do remolds of it for the other two. They would be pretty drastic remolds, but still...

The Dinobots had some similarities, but very different transformations. If a figure is truely a MASTERPIECE, the individual nuances should be acknowledged. If not all new figures, I will pass if made.

In thinking about Soundwave, how much could they really add to make it an MP? I mean, he was a plain mini-cassette deck in the show. Ok so you could make him a functioning mini-cassette deck, but that's still pretty cheap. Honestly there's not a whole lot to work with there. They'd have to go all out with die-casting, lights, electronics, & include die-cast versions of all 4 original "tapes". Even then, he'd still be fairly small for an MP. Maybe as a cheaper MP package perhaps.

I think all the same has been said about Grimlock. From what I understand the only update from the G1 toy is his leg transformation (other than all the extras).

They could make Soundwave any size. Megatron's gun mode isn't to scale.

Its not as important for the gun to be to scale as it would be for a functioning mini-cassette recorder. Of course they could decide to make it a full-sized cassette deck version, in which case would allow for new MP versions of Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ravage, Rumble, & Frenzy.

Shockwave.

Shockwavearealldead.jpg

As far as accessories he can come with a mini gun version of himself like in this pic from the original G1 show!

ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg

Also, he can have a flip hand/gun as well!

Shockwave_Hands.jpg

also a small car version of Carly's car as seen in the g1 show (and Dr. Smoovs "Shockwave's Burden")!

Wheelie's MP toy is his legends toy.

:tdown

No, dude! I'm serious! It fits in perfectly with Grimlock, or, at least it would with a better paint job.

It could use a bit more poseability, but that's all that it needs to be his MP toy!

Shockwave.

Shockwavearealldead.jpg

As far as accessories he can come with a mini gun version of himself like in this pic from the original G1 show!

ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg

Also, he can have a flip hand/gun as well!

Shockwave_Hands.jpg

also a small car version of Carly's car as seen in the g1 show (and Dr. Smoovs "Shockwave's Burden")!

I'm still partial to a MP Galvatron, but damn...how'd I forget Shockwave???

Probably the best idea for a MP to date.

Now that Grimlock is out, any ideas, or fantasies, on the next MP figure?

My hope is for a Devastator similar to what frenzy-rumble did as a custom. I'd say make each of the limbs about the size of a scout or deluxe and have the combined form about the size of masterpiece optimus and megatron, for cost reasons, and have all the articulation we'd ever want in a gestalt. Long Haul could be mostly die-cast since he's essentially the torso and hips, while most likely everything else would be plastic, again because of money. I think it could end up as the type of figure we were all wishing for when we found out that the ROTF devastator would cost $100.

i have been on boards for years suggesting an MP devastator.

hell i wouldn't mind a $200 MP devastator.. i think it would be worth it.

i would also really like to see a hot rod masterpiece figure, have a daniel accessory, a fishing rod, and maybe a matrix.

or maybe see what they could do with an ironhide.

Archived