Animated Jetstorm/Jetfire

Hunter Rose

The wingspan of Vgr Starscream is about the length of the Jetstorm Jet mode.

I tried to crop out just the part of the backpack on the back side of the hinge and then color corrected, this is what I got:

JetstormModWip.jpg

I think this works even for continuity since they have Starscream DNA in them.

I also think it would be interesting to do one bot with the wings swept forward, and one with the wings back.

I'm still thinking there hast to be a way to soften Jetstorm's edges... I'll see if I can digi that as well...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, the bot mode doesn't look great...

You can really see the size discrepancy here:

JetstormModBot1WiP.jpg

And actually, today I saw THIS GUY at TRU And I don't hate the idea of these engine wings on one of the bots... Except the wings are a bit flat and boring, also this wouldn't solve the gaping back problem.

So I played with it last night and these configurations all :fail

T!T Jetfire wings

CL-Jetfire stuffs

SW:TF Arc Trooper engines and wings

SW:TF Emperor - it does not help him look like a Viper at all.

E-Starscream Wings

C-Sideways

BUT I've dismantled him and soaked him in Hot Water.

Right now I'm going to go with the simple straight forward repaint of Orange Bits - to - Red Bits.

Also going to Black the insides of his body so the clear bits are less distracting.

I'm still debating if I want to bust up my TFA starscream for this project. The wings look really nice in Alt-mode but suck ass in Bot mode....

Was painting all night!

:argh for Red not photographing well... but you can see the difference in tone by checking out the true orange around his eyes.

DSCF0005.jpg

The red is truer red IRl.

So I am using Tamiya Acrylics and they seem very scratch prone. I've had a lot of trouble finding a Paint that I like. I was using Testors Enamel on my last project and I hated it.

Is it just a mater of clearcoating? curing? Any suggestions?

Archived