Energon Megs

Knightscream

Aight i just got energon megs in my hands last night and i got to say i was dissapointed severely.

from the first time i saw a picture of him, i thought hell yeah this looks F***'in awesome, especially since it pays homage (lookswise) to g1 galvatron, but when i got it in my hands, and had a chance to play with it, i was dissapointed. first off was the quality in my hands it felt like the knock off big RiD megatron that was going around a few years back, the one that was the same hight as rid optimus combined with his "trailer". second the sword. the only way for him to use it is to attach it to his tank and pop it onto his arm. i mean would it have cost that much more to put a 1/4 inch long piece of plastic on the end so that he(and other energon tf's) can actually hold it. third the overall toy, overall articulation is sub-par, the colors do not fit the character, i mean the white is more pearly than nething else. overall i fell that this toy is more of a knockoff than what ive copme to expect from the tf line, not worth the 40 bucks that it costs. ne1 else have opinions on enermegs?, and ne1 have a superlink galvatron so they can tell me that takara did a better job on it than hasbro. or if it is basically the same, just smaller

ok now that ive had a little more time with megs in my hands, i have to take back most of what i said. it doesnot feel so much like a cheep knock off, but i still feel that it isnt worth the $40 price point, i just think that hasbro could have done better and made it more worth the money, and not say "this is the same size as optimus, so lets charge the same price. i know most hate e optimus, but imho i think it is a good toy, high play value, and they even threw in 5 different sounds(not that i need them, im from the old guard befre sound chips, where we made our own sounds when playing with toys, pdow pdow, bang bang, douche douche. And hasbro even corrected a mistake on e prime when every body said they hated the face, they started making a verion with a face plate.

i dunno i dont hate megs, but i think they could have gotten it better, i know the die hard fans like us deserve it

and i would still like a fairly unbiased review of sl galvi, i know he is a lot smaller, almost like megs kid bro, but with that one fact aside, i would like to know if ne1 thinks it would be worth picking up as well.

I really should get to updating the realm with some reviews already...I've been lazy :tflaugh

Seriously, I think he's great. The pearly white makes him more of a homage to G1 Megs (not to mention its more show accurate than SL Galvy's flat white). Articulation isn't Landmine calibur, but he's still got a good amount. The vehicle mode is easily one of the best of Energon. Only problem I have is the sword :(

I really like the figure I got him last Tuesday. I am still getting used to his head just haging out there in Ship mode though.

Seems there doing that to alot of the Energon molds.

If you rotate the head so its not facing outward it looks fine. When I first pulled him out of the box and saw his face facing foward, I thought it was pretty stupid. Then I rotated it and instant fix.

Don't wait to pick him up. He is really cool once you get past the $40 price point. That's all that really pissed me off. He has enough poseability. The sword thing is really negligeable to me, I think it looks cooler coming off the arm mount. Cool colors for Megatron, I think we'll have to wait for Galvatron.

Actually, the other thing that pissed me off was having to go buy batteries for two pretty weak sound effects. But, there's your warning. The batteries can wait, my friend. Excellent, but over-priced figure. :thumb

Archived