ROTF - who here is sick of hearing about it?

darqen2468

Ok apologies to anyone I might offend because I realise there are a lot of fans out there - but is anyone else so sick of hearing about the toys? I mean maybe I'm biased - my MO so to speak for collecting are G1 updates - so I'm a universe / animated fan - so I'm a little resentful of hasbro for cancelling them (although animated is sticking around a bit). But they really seem to be hammering it home with the ridiculous amounts of figures / different ranges etc. including the silly amounts of characters who are quite obviously not going to be in the movie!! Anyways rant over apologies if I've duplicated a thread.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, your rant triggered one of my own, actually?

WHO CARES IF A CHARACTER IS IN THE SHOW / MOVIE? IF IT'S A GOOD FIGURE, IT'S A GOOD FIGURE!

Sorry.

And no, I'm not sick of it yet. Just wait until the line's been running for months and months, and everyone's waiting on it to go the heck away so we can get the NEXT line (Universe 3.0?)...

Here's what I'm sick of. The same as 2 years ago with everyone was screaming how bad TF1 would be, and it turned out to be realy good.

2 years later it's the same dam thing!

"it's so bad" "why can't they just do like they did 25yrs ago" "Michael Ghey" "they're raping my childhood" and the list just goes on...

Yeah they're pushing an envelope, but lets see how it works out on screen befor condeming it, and if the toys don't live up like, well you know what thats on Hasbro for not stepping up to the plate and putting on the brakes like they should have.

I won't blame the producers for that inadiquency though!!!

After a year of simple shrunk down smiley toys, I for one look forward to the intricate detailing that TF2 is going to bring in certain toys. Are there some definite passes, sure, but I'm not condemming a film or toyline that isn't out yet. Lets see what is actualy going on. After all, we all liked the trailers!

I tell you what I am sick of is the cloud of preconception that fanboy angst that has shrouded this project, as I recall the same gripes before TF1, which again, turned out to be pretty dam good!

Well, your rant triggered one of my own, actually?

WHO CARES IF A CHARACTER IS IN THE SHOW / MOVIE?

Sorry.

Don't be sorry. I've never understood people who only buy show only characters, or buy all of them etc etc. Just buy the ones you like, end of. I'm not getting many of the toys this time around because they have a 1:6 good to suckiness ratio...

And I'm sure RotF will be a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride... :D

at least I know that TF2 will be better than the G.I. Joe movie. I mean, was a little concerned when the first TF movie was coming out, but I have absolutely no confidence in the G.I. Joe movie. None. I won't even pay to see it. I'll see it, but I'll buy a ticket for another movie that's playing at the same time. That way, the movie won't get my money and I'll be able to judge the movie on its own.

Truth be told I am upset that :animated is going to be canceled so soon, but I suppose all good things must come to an end eventually. As for the movie itself, I'm anticipating it as much as the next guy. Personally, the robot designs fascinate me. They're a departure from conventional transformer standards and help to bring in some freshness. I must mention that I'm not as excited about this one as I was with the first. Probably because I now know what to expect from the film. Not to mention there are other factors *COUGH* skidsmudflapwheeliedevastator *COUGH* that have displeased me. It's really a mixed bag. I'm going to wait until after the movie is out to pass judgment.

Personally, I'm hoping that most of the toys we've seen won't be in the movie. A lot of the original movie toys seemed like they had some decent engineering but unfortunately I couldn't look at them without experiencing painful flashbacks to that steaming pile of crap I suffered through in the summer of '07. While I have no intention of seeing RotF in theatres or renting it when it comes out on DVD there's still a chance I might catch glimpses of it through other means and I'd prefer not to have my toys tainted by association.

Archived