Review: Universe Hot Shot w/Jolt

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Anyone who remembers Armada remembers Hot Shot. They also remember what a let down his figure was. The Universe lineup is giving the over eager warrior a second chance at being a desirable figure as part of the 25th Anniversary line. Will he win you over? Read the review here and be your own judge.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may order the Japanese edition of this figure. I think the colors may look better and also...why do the Japanese editions also have a set of missile launchers in the pictures but the US version is totally devoid of weapons? Has anyone gotten the Japanese version yet for comparison?

I always trust your reviews Blitzwing, so I believe its safe for me to say: Aw, CRAP.

This figure looked really cool too. I wouldnt mind a lack of weapons but if its some of that kibble and the etc that ruin it, even with that awesome JaAM reference out in the open on the bio, iill be having second thoughts everytime i pass by. maybe ill buy it in the end. :P

I may order the Japanese edition of this figure. I think the colors may look better and also...why do the Japanese editions also have a set of missile launchers in the pictures but the US version is totally devoid of weapons? Has anyone gotten the Japanese version yet for comparison?

yeah gotta agree so far I'm thinking of getting the Japanese toy with its much nicer use of black rather then blue and its guns.

If i get him i'll get the hasbro version (don't care enough about the character to goHenkei plus the bio is win

looks like a huge improvment over the armada version. i most disappointed that jolt does not fold down properly into a propellor but otherwise he looks good.

i really like the energon version... if i see it i may get it but i won't be looking hard.

Picked mine up a few days ago. Its a great looking figure/vehicle...HOWEVER, when transforming him the panels of the body of the car get in the way of each other, they do not extend out far enough and when he finally is in robot mode you cannot move his arms around because of the two rear quarter panels that are on his back, they are completely in the way as are the roof panels on his forearms. I have also found little stability in the legs with his slight top heaviness, so poses are extremely limited. Jolt is also very top heavy and has very weak legs so he cannot stand up. Hotshot does not come with a weapon so once again you have a figure with holes in his fists and nothing to put into them. This could have been a truly great figure, I dont understand how Hasbro can release something like this to us knowing all of these flaws. This is one of those items I wish I would have just left in the packaging.

Thank you Nose, I did forget to mention that Jolt is way too top heavy to even stand. One other thing: I can see this figure's paint getting trashed due to the kibble interference.

Archived