US Headmasters VS. Japan Headmasters

orionpacks

In the Japanese Headmasters cartoon series, Chromedome and the rest of the Headmasters didn't have green men from Nebulon living in their heads BUT they themselves were the small robots and they had to make large robotic bodies in order to survive and fight in the autobot/decepticon war. Chromedome could even Unite with Hardhead's Tank if he need more strength in a particular battle. This even makes sense out of why the Headmasters had the energy meter on their bodies because as the different robots merged with different bodies their power meters would change. I personally think that this was a much better story line and wished the American cartoon had followed it instead of giving us green Men from Nebulon. What do you Transfans think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there a US HEADMASTERS SERIES...?

Im almost sure there wasnt one....

The series looks like a "japan only series"...

but...the show was almost all filler

Not quite "armada bad"..

But not as good as the"masterforce" or "Victory" series that came after it. :tfpuke

i think by US Headmasters he means "Rebirth," which was only 3 episodes. The Japanese Headmasters was an entire season, 35 episodes I think. Basically, it was what should've been season 4 of the US G1 series. And I hear it is way better.

Yes I also believe that by US Headmasters he means the short 3-part series after Season 3. In Japan the series ran somewhere along the lines of 30 episodes approximately. Of course I much prefer the Japanese series, the Headmasters are probably my favourite TF gimmick of all time :thumb

:tfevil

yeah, Headmasters are cool. But my all time favorite gimmick is the combiners. The only thing cooler than a giant robot is 5 or 6 that combine into an even bigger robot. :tflaugh

yeah, it is tough to find all of em at times. I like how they're packaging the Universe Ruination together, though. I'll prolly get it since I don't have the R.I.D. original

yeah, it is tough to find all of em at times. I like how they're packaging the Universe Ruination together, though. I'll prolly get it since I don't have the R.I.D. original

There have been so many versions of that mold released that it makes my head spin. A little bit of overkill of you ask me :redface

Oddly enouigh I don't own any of the past molds either so I will likely pick up the Universe "desert camo" as well. :thumb

Archived