New Looks at Takara's Master Piece MP-08 Grimlock Images and Video

BLACKOUT34

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks incredible and I'm glad I have him pre-ordered. Although I hate that he's the most expensive MP so far, he looks worth it.

Have no idea why people though Grimlock would be bigger or the same size as Prime. I also did the measuring and counting trick when the first pics came out of Grimmy next to another figure (G1 Prime), and immediately concluded that he was about the same size as the MP Seekers.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW IM SO GLAD I GOT GOT A PREORDER ON THIS GUY I WAS WORRIED THAT THE £109 THAT IM PAYING WAS GOING TO BE TO MUCH BUT SEEING THAT VIDIO ITS GOT LOADS OF GADGETS ITS GOT EVERY THING YOU WANT IN A MASTERPIECE FIGURE 10/10 LOVE IT

I haven't watched the video, but I've heard he has little to no diecast content. Can anyone verify this? For me the diecast would be the difference between him being a $130 Masterpiece or a 3x overpriced Leader class (not even a Supreme). Maybe I'll just wait for Hasbro to sell him for $70.

Emerje

Okay, so if Grimlock is really that short (relatively speaking), then what's up with that picture on TF08 (which I can't repost at the moment) of Grimlock standing next to MP Prime's alt mode? He looks absolutely friggin' HUGE in that picture, way bigger than in the other comparison shot. Is it just my eyes playing tricks?

Okay, so if Grimlock is really that short (relatively speaking), then what's up with that picture on TF08 (which I can't repost at the moment) of Grimlock standing next to MP Prime's alt mode? He looks absolutely friggin' HUGE in that picture, way bigger than in the other comparison shot. Is it just my eyes playing tricks?

Might just be perspective. The shot was taken at an overhead angle. That or I want to say they just extended ol Grimlock to his full height in dino mode. :shrug

Who knows who cares he is friggin awesome :win x10

116i7v5.jpg

I am very, very sad... Just catastrophic! This is not a T-Rex, this is a Raptor, at the most! :suicide

- Highly Undersized

- Overpriced

- No diecast

Sorry but I won’ t spend my money for this last mini-masterpiece or for other “things†like this.

TakaraTomy has lost one customer: me. :deadhorse

Sincerely

Nicola

i love this guy he's so bought. my fav is swoop so i hope they bring an mp one like Menchoy's custom. as far as the size oh well starscream and his 100+ dollar repaints are smallish compared with mp megs and prime sure grims could have been taller but with his size now he fits in with classics & alternators really good...i'm guessing..im willing to put money on it; 160$ worth

I really don't mind about his size. To me, the leaders should be the biggest ones, the rest can be done smaller. It looks to be taller than Starscream. I will be pissed though if they make other masterpieces who are smaller than Grimlock the same size as Prime and Megatron. Keep the leaders like that, but make the rest to scale.

Archived