Animated Lives On!

Darth Caine

I need some pics darn it. Or else I dont care.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been saying for a while now that a true Has/Tak joint series would be welcomed.

Japan has a tendency of writing long linear progressive stories. The characters however are very shallow. Americans can make a character witty and develop it as well, but suck at linear story telling.

Well I think that if they had comic book writers write series then they could be both linear, and have our classic American character wit, and character development. Now I know most comic lines are interesting only in short story arcs of 6-12 issues. However over the last several years comic companies have been trying to progress smoothly from one strong story arc to another. So you have less stand alone issues, and more that become grouped into graphic novel collections later on. Many times they'll even arc the stories over several different titles so you get the different character's perspective on the situation. A couple of great examples of this is the Rann/ Thanagarian War, and Infinite Crisis from DC, Marvel's Civil War, & World War Hulk. Then for our favorite giant robots you've got Infiltration, Escalation, Storm Bringer, Devastation, Revelation, Maximum Dinobots, and All Hail Megatron all of which link into the Spotlight series at one point or another. These are just a few examples of how Comic book writers make great series of comics and I think that if American animation studios would tap into this they'd be much better for it.

Comic guys always have to pull there weight as they have a more streemlined support of advetisers. They have to get those sales or else they got nothing.

There's a reason why an artist should be starving!!!

I agree though, I'd love to see some of the IDW folks have a chance at bat.

Why does every one keep making a big deal about show acuracy?

First off, it's nothing new, second, how hard is it to copy simple line art?

I'm personally in awe of the artistic/design/engineering genius when I look at them. The odd & exaggerated shapes of the Animated figures takes a LOT more talent to make work than the classic block-looking robots or the sloppy pile-of-scrap-metal Movie figs.

I'm thinking that ShinichirÅ Watanabe (the guy who directed Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo) should do a Transformers tv series, I don't know if he'd want to or not, but if he did the show would be freaking incredible imo. the show would prob be for more adult audiences, but itd have a crazy amount of style and plenty of substance

I'm thinking that ShinichirÅ Watanabe (the guy who directed Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo) should do a Transformers tv series, I don't know if he'd want to or not, but if he did the show would be freaking incredible imo. the show would prob be for more adult audiences, but itd have a crazy amount of style and plenty of substance

Yeah but it'd only be 12 episodes, 26 at best wit a movie that has noyhing to do with anything.

Archived