Images of ROTF Prime & Megatron

Darth Caine

That's true, his alt mode actually looks like something this time instead of just a robot lying down. And the gunmetal grey looks way better than grey with blue highlights for some reason. The tank is a bit squat, but I always liked Megs as a tank.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since i already have the first movie prime, i really want to wait for a repaint of the new mold. any ideas on what it could be? i just don't want to spend $40 on the exact same thing, regardless of how awesome the new mold is looking. also, are his fists molded this time? i can't tell if they're articulated like last time or not

I find this mold to be significantly different enough to warrant purchase. As great as the other one was, this is a lot more movie accurate. The only downfall I see to this one is the cannisters on his back...yuck

I'm...actually...liking BOTH of them somehow. I ALMOST bought Megs when they did the premium version of the Leader class figure...but the Alt mode kept me away, and the same happened with Prime too, but, the new Prime mold looks really good, and the new tank Megs is much more menacing this time around and even with the gimpy arm, I actually think I'll be buying him this time around. O.o is that wrong?

i disagree i :luv this megatron, TF fans have to realize that the movie toys arn't gonna be perfect and neither is the movie :thumb

the movie toys have been ridiculously far from perfect. first, hasbro screws up devastator, megatron is another disappointment like the first movie, and who thought it was a good idea to give the twins those wtf faces?

I don't...yeah, the paint job is nice, but that's about it. More junk than not...where's that crab pic again!

fidlertron looks sooooo much better than megatron...it could even become a repaint into a new rampage :tflaugh

like i said TF fans have to realize not all figures are gonna be perfect to the movie

Dude, it has little to do with being 'perfect to the movie' and more about being a sh*tty design!

That's true, his alt mode actually looks like something this time instead of just a robot lying down. And the gunmetal grey looks way better than grey with blue highlights for some reason. The tank is a bit squat, but I always liked Megs as a tank.

I like the gunmetal grey & I don't have a problem with Megs as a tank...BUT, the design, along with the concept, is just BAD, period. He had the freakin' Allspark shoved into his chest...if Megs is somehow reactivated, to me that implies that the Allspark had something to do with that as it didn't totally kill him, so...this all powerful object should be able to come up with something better than 'cannibalizing' the other bots that he was dumped with, and making him a freakin' riddler crab! Come on... :tdown

I'm leaning toward a pass on Megatron. I can't decide on Prime (which probably means I'll get him, but may not mean he'll get the current Takara Premium Primes space- unless they do it again and totally nail the paintjob). There are some big steps forward here and some big steps backward (I miss the rubber tires, articulated fingers, and I think the paint aps might actually be a little worse this time).

I like the gunmetal grey & I don't have a problem with Megs as a tank...BUT, the design, along with the concept, is just BAD, period. He had the freakin' Allspark shoved into his chest...if Megs is somehow reactivated, to me that implies that the Allspark had something to do with that as it didn't totally kill him, so...this all powerful object should be able to come up with something better than 'cannibalizing' the other bots that he was dumped with, and making him a freakin' riddler crab! Come on... :tdown

:tflaugh "The design is bad because it doesn't mesh with the assumptions I've made about the plot to a movie I haven't seen!"

f**k sake this

eze6o4.jpg

and even more so this

9untsj.jpg

have just made me £80 poorer

also if the rumours of that prime being able to combine with jetfire is true IMO this might be a rival to Omega Prime as my fav prime combiner

I still hate that scraggly little arm on Megatron...other than that, he's cool...BUT I can't help but wonder if they'll end up doing stupid "premium" repaints again, with better and shinier colors. Hmmm...

As for Prime...looks alright, but I wanna know who combines with what before I start making plans...now is the time to be frugal. Hopefully, I won't fall for Hasbro's tricks with this movie line!

Archived