Official Shots of Revenge of the Fallen Audi R8 - It Gets A Name, too!

Peter_Van

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta be honest. I prefer Barricade and his "Long Arm of the Law" :rofl to this 'Sideways' toy...

I need that sideswipe, he's freaking sweet. His head design is the first, out of all the movie characters, that I really like. also the new vette looks incredible

You noticed the top of his head alludes to the cars bonnet?

SIDEWAYS! Oh win of wins.

Maybe Cade's twin brother, coming from Cybertron, to search for his lost brother? :lol :lol

Hmm, I detect a stupid gimmick that spoils the arms of Sideways.

According to reviews, it's just a gimmick so that you can see gears moving. It's not anything seriously crippling or easy to trigger like Barricade's Long Arm of the Law.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:pfx

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I am not sure if Michael Bay is trying to insinuate that all transformers on Cybertron of certain classifications and statuses have similar features and even transformations because to me sideways and barricade look more than coincidentally alike… similar vehicle styles, similar transformations, and similar physical features. Also, the constructicons look more than coincidentally alike PLUS Bonecrusher. They all have very similar body types, spindly legs, very complex geared looking bodies, AND that same turtle/crab/owl looking face. So far the faces on Scavenger, Rampage, and Bone crusher look way too similar. I feel like there is something to this. I don’t know, any thoughts?

So this "Sideways" guy happens to have a face very similar to Barricade, the same bug wing-like windows, and wheels on his clawed hands as Barricade, but he's not Barricade. Unless it's him with a different name for a good reason, I can now honestly say I am starting to agree with what some of the haters say. The bots look too much alike for the casual viewer to keep up with who's who.

Maybe it's just Barricade's undercover alias, yknow, so that we don't get the info spoiled before we see the movie

That could be very much possible. I always like to recall that during the initial wave of the Batman Begins toys, Liam Neeson's figure was named Henri Ducard vs his actual name Ra's al Ghul to keep the surprise reveal in the film a secret.

Archived