MISP Steve

quick get to the lifeboat this place is flooding with fanboy tears! :P

kids will love this & if it really is 2ft tall i'll definitely be grabbing one

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably, they may also wonder why their Transformers don't transform. They may also flood the toy aisle with tears when their parents say no to the $100 toy.

Probably, they may also wonder why their Transformers don't transform. They may also flood the toy aisle with tears when their parents say no to the $100 toy.

I'm sure there's a demographic out there that will spend $100 on non transforming transformers. The problem is I have a strong feeling that demographic is probably far smaller than the collector market Hasbro won't service here that spends $100- $150 on MP Grimlock, SS, Skywarp, etc.

Again...this is beyond Hasbro angst, fanboy angst...this is about principle. Can't you see the sensibility of expecting a gestalt to 'fully' transform from bots to vehicles to combiner? Wait...you're just stoking the fire, aren't ya? :beer

...and man, Rampage's individual bot looks freakin' sweet, as well as his alt mode...then ya see the Dev limb...I'm cold, cold...I'm exaggerating, but ya get the point! ;)

People!

I need a definitive answer! Will the big devastator be composed of TRANSFORMABLE robots or not? I WILL NOT pay $100 bucks for a glorified Power Rangers megazord!

So should I get that operation for my mother, or should I save for that Devastator?

--The Stryker

Definitive? Okay, here it is.

Option 1:

Deluxe and Voyager Class figures that do transform from vehicle to robot and back, but do not combine.

Option 2:

Vehicles in a larger scale that do combine to form Devastator, much like a Megazord set, but they do not have individual robot modes. (Their ability to transform was sacrificed in favor of having a combining setup.)

Option 3:

Buy both the transforming figures, and the Devastator set to get the ultimate Constructicon set.

Yeah, it sucks. Close to $200.00 to get the best of both worlds.

I fail to see any reason as to why they couldn't make the figures combine, but hey, whatever. I was going to pass on the individual robots anyhow, since they absolutely SUCK imo. I do, however, want the combining set, because it does what it's supposed to, it's GIANT, and it has no suckass robot modes.

I am pissed about the price, but what can you do?

FORGET IT.... IF YOU CAN'T MAKE WHAT THE FANS WANT WHY EVEN MAKE IT! WE ALL WANT CONSTRUCTICONS THAT HAVE VEHICLE, ROBOT, AND COMBINING CAPABILITIES. INSTEAD NO.... YOU SIT THERE ON YOUR CORPORATE A$$ES AND THINK, "GEE HOW CAN WE POSSIBLE TRY TO MILK ALL THE FANS OF AS MUCH MONEY AS WE POSSIBLY CAN?" "OH, THAT'S IT! ONE SET OF CONSTRUCTICONS CAN TRANSFORM CHARGING ALMOST $20 A PIECE MAKING ABOUT $120 OFF THE FANS FOR THE SIX COMPLETED CONSTRUCTICON SET AND THEN WE WILL MAKE A COMPLETED DEVASTATOR SO THEY HAVE TO BUY IT IF THEY WANT TO OWN HIM AS THE COMBINED VERSION OF THE OTHERS FOR ANOTHER $100 BUT THE DETAIL AND PAINT WILL LACK CAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO PUT MUCH EFFORT INTO QUALITY... YUP F*** OUR CONSUMERS AND FANS OF TRANSFORMERS.."

GEE... HERE'S A THOUGHT. YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE DESIGNS THERE HASBRO.. PUT THE TO USE AND RELEASE THEM HOW WE WANT THEM... VEHICLE/ROBOT/COMBINATION ALL IN ONE IN EACH FIGURE. STOP BEING IGNORANT TOWARDS THE FANS. IF IT WASN'T FOR US YOU'D BE NOTHING!!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE START A PETITION TO GET HASBRO TO DO THE RIGHT THING... I'LL BE GLAD TO SIGN IT!!!

FORGET IT.... IF YOU CAN'T MAKE WHAT THE FANS WANT WHY EVEN MAKE IT! WE ALL WANT CONSTRUCTICONS THAT HAVE VEHICLE, ROBOT, AND COMBINING CAPABILITIES. INSTEAD NO.... YOU SIT THERE ON YOUR CORPORATE A$$ES AND THINK, "GEE HOW CAN WE POSSIBLE TRY TO MILK ALL THE FANS OF AS MUCH MONEY AS WE POSSIBLY CAN?" "OH, THAT'S IT! ONE SET OF CONSTRUCTICONS CAN TRANSFORM CHARGING ALMOST $20 A PIECE MAKING ABOUT $120 OFF THE FANS FOR THE SIX COMPLETED CONSTRUCTICON SET AND THEN WE WILL MAKE A COMPLETED DEVASTATOR SO THEY HAVE TO BUY IT IF THEY WANT TO OWN HIM AS THE COMBINED VERSION OF THE OTHERS FOR ANOTHER $100 BUT THE DETAIL AND PAINT WILL LACK CAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO PUT MUCH EFFORT INTO QUALITY... YUP F*** OUR CONSUMERS AND FANS OF TRANSFORMERS.."

GEE... HERE'S A THOUGHT. YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE DESIGNS THERE HASBRO.. PUT THE TO USE AND RELEASE THEM HOW WE WANT THEM... VEHICLE/ROBOT/COMBINATION ALL IN ONE IN EACH FIGURE. STOP BEING IGNORANT TOWARDS THE FANS. IF IT WASN'T FOR US YOU'D BE NOTHING!!!!

WHOA WHOA WHOA there chief!

I realize today's events have been met with a really harsh backlash. (I'm still shocked by the sheer number of haters.)

The line will run a year and a half, 2010 brings us new things, and more of ROTF. There's no saying that they couldn't come up with something to please us.

Alright, fair enough, this year's Toy Fair offerings were... well... shit.

Movie:

Leader Class Optimus Prime? WIN.

Leader Class Megatron? WIN. (Even though he has yet to be seen, we know he's coming, and what we've seen of the FAB, he should be impressive.)

Human Alliance Bumblebee? WIN.

Deluxe Class Sideswipe? WIN.

Devastator? FAIL. (But I'll buy him because he does what he's supposed to; Combine.)

Constructicons? FAIL. (Ugly as shit, don't combine, and they're waaaay out of scale.)

The Autobot Twins? FAIL. (I'm still going to buy them, but they're some ugly bots. I like the vehicle modes, and the robot modes, minus the heads. Rumor is, these two are supposed to suffer from a mental disability, akin to being like Jar Jar, which is why they have "stupid" faces. If that's really the case? I'm sincerely disappointed.)

Animated:

Deluxe Class Arcee? WIN. (On many, many levels, full of win.)

Deluxe Class Electro...whatever Soundwave? WIN. (Only on one level for me, Ratbat. Win on another level for fans who wanted Soundblaster.)

...in fact, aside from having to rebuy a figure I own to get his Ratbat companion, there's no fail other than no Animated product premiered at this Toy Fair. (Which is pretty shitty, really.)

So there is a silver lining, you just have to find your's. And no, no one's going to force you to buy figures you don't like. And yes, I understand being angry at not having anything to buy because this news is hard to swallow.

I will admit, Devastator was a huge letdown, not just in toy form, but character design as well. What can you do?

Wow, we've got new people signing up & logging on just to rant at this one...HA! Well, cooler heads will provail...but I think everyone pretty much wants an answer from Hasbro as to why they made this design choice? Particularly with the mindset that Hasbro's never had a problem with the bot/vehicle/gestalt design over the past 25 years...so, maybe we'll get some answers at the Q & A tomorrow. And as a personal aside, they just had to make this decision with the state of the current economy & everybody's pockets worn thin...nice guys.

It's not a total wash, plus Hasbro's hands are tied. They have to jump when Paramount, Bay, and Spielberg say to. (It's not their fault either. Apparently it was a miscommunication between the two teams Hasbro/Paramount) and they were unable to get this figured out until the last minute. Just like last time with the first film.)

Do you know something we don't? I don't recall any articles or interviews passing by here saying that (which doesn't mean I didn't miss them- hence the question).

What I do remember was that for the last movie there were some indications that Bay and co WERE working with hasbro, WERE getting their approvals on designs and seemed to have retained the right to have some say so in the designs. It would seem likely things would have continued on the same way this time.

Thoughts?

While I think the design is ugly (in fact I'm surprised there hasn't been much bitching about the color choices), and I do think the toys are horribly under detailed for something of that size (in fact most of the deluxes we've seen are more detailed than several of the constructicon vehicles in the set)- I do appreciate that thing has to weigh quite a bit and that the legs would need to be very sturdy. Quite possibly to sturdy for it to be possible to have as many lose floating pieces as would be necessary to make those units able to transform both to robot and limb.

But none of that makes up for the fact that this is very expensive and pretty underwhelming for the money. I mean is there seriously anyone here who wouldn't rather save a little more and get MP Grimlock instead?

It's not a total wash, plus Hasbro's hands are tied. They have to jump when Paramount, Bay, and Spielberg say to. (It's not their fault either. Apparently it was a miscommunication between the two teams Hasbro/Paramount) and they were unable to get this figured out until the last minute. Just like last time with the first film.)

Do you know something we don't? I don't recall any articles or interviews passing by here saying that (which doesn't mean I didn't miss them- hence the question).

What I do remember was that for the last movie there were some indications that Bay and co WERE working with hasbro, WERE getting their approvals on designs and seemed to have retained the right to have some say so in the designs. It would seem likely things would have continued on the same way this time.

Thoughts?

While I think the design is ugly (in fact I'm surprised there hasn't been much bitching about the color choices), and I do think the toys are horribly under detailed for something of that size (in fact most of the deluxes we've seen are more detailed than several of the constructicon vehicles in the set)- I do appreciate that thing has to weigh quite a bit and that the legs would need to be very sturdy. Quite possibly to sturdy for it to be possible to have as many lose floating pieces as would be necessary to make those units able to transform both to robot and limb.

But none of that makes up for the fact that this is very expensive and pretty underwhelming for the money. I mean is there seriously anyone here who wouldn't rather save a little more and get MP Grimlock instead?

I must correct myself (and I'll be editing my post in a moment).

I misunderstood what I skimmed (several hundred different posts across the boards and Google) and what I was told. I took it the wrong way completely.

Sorry for any confusion or inconvenience.

Archived