Toy Fair 2009 - First Look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Action Figures

MISP Steve

Looks like Devastator is going to be a waste of plastic, such a shame :emo

The new leader Optimus Prime looks pretty damn good though. They've managed to make him a little more show accurate so he'll definitely be picking him up. I hope they'll realise their mistakes with making Devvy like this and make some deluxe sized bots that combine into a decent combiner

I say everyone should boycote this version and wait till Hasbro gets to their senses and makes a proper Devastator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say everyone should boycote this version and wait till Hasbro gets to their senses and makes a proper Devastator

:pfx

Again, I see clearance written all over this thing and a place in TF history along side Supreme Cheetor.

I just can't see what it has going for it that would warrent $100, since the versatility is lacking?

It boggles my mind. It would appear that Hasbro again claimed that devastator is 2 feet tall by 4 feet wide.

I'm looking at a photo right now taken today with a guys hand in the shot, nearly touching the toy. It IS bigger than a leader class, but not by that much. It MIGHT be 2 feet wide if you stretched the arms out straight.

Do these guys even look at the toys they're talking about?!?!

It boggles my mind. It would appear that Hasbro again claimed that devastator is 2 feet tall by 4 feet wide.

I'm looking at a photo right now taken today with a guys hand in the shot, nearly touching the toy. It IS bigger than a leader class, but not by that much. It MIGHT be 2 feet wide if you stretched the arms out straight.

Do these guys even look at the toys they're talking about?!?!

They're saying 2' x 4' with its arms stretched out...but you're saying it's barely over a leader class...what pic are you looking at (I'm interested)?

I Think the combiners are a bad idea for the movie. but I said prety much the same thing about the first movie, so Im gonna wait and see. The new Leader Optimus looks great and is a definate buy. bumblebee would bee to, if only he had arigth hand and no chair for sam. Still fixable though (hear that hasbro...) Another question is how many of the new bots are actually gonna be in the movie?

I'm going to try to attach it. (it was taken down very quickly- I happened to grab it first).

Although I just looked at it again and I'm starting to think the guy's hand is closer to the camera and further from the toy than I realized. I might just be full of hot air. But decide for your self.

Yeah, dude...it doesn't exactly appear to be 2' x 4'! Not that I even mind it being smaller, but hmmm...? In my mind, I never thought they'd even try to create a gestalt in correct scale...they NEVER have in the past, so I just assumed the same here. Now this even t's me off more that they couldn't figure out a way to make all his components transform into their own bots!

Sorry to continue to rail on this...I do actually like the design...it's definitely movie-verse! I think the idea of having a combiner for the movie is exciting! But the execution leaves something to be desired...

So, just like G1, the film version of Devastator will look better than the toy.

Why is that Devastator $100? For that much I was expecting a set of fully transformable Constructicons, not a bunch of reverse Action Masters.

Archived