Toy Fair 2009 - First Look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Action Figures

MISP Steve

hmm..well on the devastator front it looks like there will be two sets. One that goes from vehicle components to devastator and then each component will have a deluxe size that transforms from the individual component to the individual bot, but they won't combine. Now before everyone flies off the hilt on this these are the first ones we've seen and this could just be for the first wave of movie toys. Also another thing that we have to keep in mind is the timing and the amount of R & D involved. As complicated as the transformations are going to look in the movie maybe with the time they had for R & D the best they could do was two sets. We won't know till we see it on the big screen exactly how hard it would be to make true to movie toys that can transform and combine and there's nothing saying that if demand is high enough they won't do this as a wave 2 addition. Personally I'll prolly pick both sets up. You could display devastator and the individual bots that way. One thing we have to keep in mind with the movie toys is we have toys copying the movie here where as with g1 and so forth we had a cartoon that copied the toys. And honestly maybe they can make a better looking combined version this way. When you take a combiner like we had in g1 and even energon the seperate entities were forced into a blocky design so the combined version would work. This would hurt the movie's asthetic and the R & D involved with pulling that off might make the individual toys too expensive for anyone beyond us collectors. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a devastator that has individual bots that can transform and combine and for the universe line I would love it if they retooled the predacons, but the R & D involved may just be too daunting for the demand that is there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$100 for 6 plain vehicles that combine? I don't care how big they are combined I'll not be waisting my money on that. Now Hasbro will be getting $22x6 for the voyager Constructicons, and then I guess I'll have to give my son the combined form of the Hasbro should have. Why did you have to drop the ball so badly on this one Hasbro? Why?

"before everyone flies off the hilt"...too late! And excuses for R& D is a cop-out...we've got kitbashing members that can 'easily' pull this off!

true and true...somebody had to play devil's advocate and I was bored :duck I apologize..please..continue the Hasblow bashing :deadhorse

Hmmmmmm so £100 for 6 bots that are quite simplistic in reality, £40 maybe. but no way are they worth £100.

if they did transform from vehicle to robot to limb then i could understand, i have no problems in the general design on devestator, and i really think they could have designed the bots to do what we all want, ffs they managed it in g1, 25 years later and hasbro cant figure it out? yet still want to charge £100 for something that its componants look a lil cheap?

i like a lot of the movie line from the first film and most of what ive seen so far of the new one, but this dev rip off has given me a dent in my expectations. I really hope further down the line they fix it, but im not too hopeful.

as for the twins, nice designs but the heads???

they look like sloth from the goonies!

mudflap having the worst of the two with the big eyes.

just doesnt have that "realistic" look that the movies are supposed to have.

"before everyone flies off the hilt"...too late! And excuses for R& D is a cop-out...we've got kitbashing members that can 'easily' pull this off!

true and true...somebody had to play devil's advocate and I was bored :duck I apologize..please..continue the Hasblow bashing :deadhorse

It's not even about Hasbro bashing...it's a matter of principle. There's absolutely NO reason why they can't make a Devastator figure that is a combination of 6 'transforming' robots. This has been done for 25 years, but now they have a problem? I'm just not buying this (ir)rationale. This feels like lazine$$ (and you can figure out what I mean by using the dollar symbols...).

FYI - You are seeing things right. That IS the $100 Devastator shown and it is NOT worth it. Technically, they do TF into limbs and stuff. :fail

Devastator-(Robot)__scaled_500.jpg

Sorry, we are scrambling to post stuff and will be updating reports. So keep reloading. We'll have more pics of Devy posted up real soon as well.

Thanks for the confirmation...now, got anything for depression? :suicide

That friggin thing is $100!?!

KEEP IT HASBRO, I have better things to do with my money like light fires.

When Dev was first announced I recall them saying that the toy would be one giant figure made of drones. That could have been cool, but looking at the end results it isn't.

They also said that they would reproduce the individual drones with full transform capability. If those combine, I'll get them. If not, Movie Devistator has last all hope on my shelves.

The rest of the line is shaping up nicely, to bad it has to be mired with this.

as for the twins, nice designs but the heads???

they look like sloth from the goonies!

mudflap having the worst of the two with the big eyes.

just doesnt have that "realistic" look that the movies are supposed to have.

My first thought was "Wow, the Decepticons employed some bad-ass, brutish backup, but...the Autobots grabbed the 'odd couple' & other assorted misfits...hmmm, wonder who's gonna get their asses handed to 'em!"

Archived