Toy Fair 2009 - First Look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Action Figures

MISP Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and as for Jetfire, that face totally reminds me of a skinny version of the Maxx...HA!

I know! I think I'm slowly falling in love with Jetfire. I can't wait to see some pictures of the leader class. I'm really surprised how nice the small one is.

So far I need Sideswipe, Bulldozer guy (it's not looking good for them combining- but we'll see), Leader Jetfire (unless something goes horribly wrong- I'm surprised how much I like the tiny one) and probably the human alliance toys.

BTW, I saw some actual toy pictures (no airbrushing) on another site and while new Leader Prime seems pretty nice over all his shoulders look to be really messed up. It's a shame- they may be a deal killer for me. It's otherwise a pretty nice toy (although the paint aps look to be worse than the last one).

I'm nearly positive that the non-FAB Devy shown isn't the $100 one. There's no way those figures can form something two feet tall.

$100 for six bots means they should all be deluxe or thereabouts, even if Scavenger is the biggest.

It's a bit hard to get a sense of scale, but the limbs appear to almost be Basic size. You can see the pin on the front hinge of Long Haul as a truck, it's about the same size as the shovel hinge on Energon Sledge (the closest equivalent I have nearby). A deluxe hinge should be integrated much better. And unless QC is dropping, none of them have detail sculpt anywhere near a Voyager size.

Since Dev's height is pretty much Scavenger inverted with Mixmaster on top and Rampage/Long Haul unfolded and attached to Scavenger's shovel midpoint...with toys that size, at best I can guess it's about 16 inches, MAYBE 20 tops.

I'd almost guess the $100 set is the nice transforming robots that don't combine; I'd gladly pay $16-ish for Rampage there

Mostly pleased with the deluxes, taking into account the usual mistransformations.

Alright, so I either calmed down enough to read the excerpt under Rampage on the main page of this thread OR they updated before I last read it (which is completely possible), but now if I'm understanding correctly: one set with vehicles that combine into Devastator only, and then individual toys of all 6 that transform from bot to vehic, but don't combine into Dev. I guess then the only rational question would be why the "F" not?!?! Sounds like a selling scam to me...then I guess sometime in early 2010 we'll finally get the set that everyone wants? WTF, Hasbro... :suck

I'm nearly positive that the non-FAB Devy shown isn't the $100 one. There's no way those figures can form something two feet tall.

$100 for six bots means they should all be deluxe or thereabouts, even if Scavenger is the biggest.

It's a bit hard to get a sense of scale, but the limbs appear to almost be Basic size. You can see the pin on the front hinge of Long Haul as a truck, it's about the same size as the shovel hinge on Energon Sledge (the closest equivalent I have nearby). A deluxe hinge should be integrated much better. And unless QC is dropping, none of them have detail sculpt anywhere near a Voyager size.

Since Dev's height is pretty much Scavenger inverted with Mixmaster on top and Rampage/Long Haul unfolded and attached to Scavenger's shovel midpoint...with toys that size, at best I can guess it's about 16 inches, MAYBE 20 tops.

I'd almost guess the $100 set is the nice transforming robots that don't combine; I'd gladly pay $16-ish for Rampage there

Mostly pleased with the deluxes, taking into account the usual mistransformations.

16" is probably about right. There was briefly a picture up somewhere of the toy with a guys hand right in front of it (not sure if the photographer got caught and picture was blocked or if this was for scale)- but it looks to be 2-3" taller than original leader Prime (of course this assumes than hand in question is the same size as mine).

I noticed something interesting on the toy- the construction crane that makes up the arm is significantly smaller than the cement mixer that makes the head. Given how I've NEVER seen a cement mixer that wasn't smaller than ANY crane built that way it makes me wonder how the movie devastator may differ from the toy...

Alright, so I either calmed down enough to read the excerpt under Rampage on the main page of this thread OR they updated before I last read it (which is completely possible), but now if I'm understanding correctly: one set with vehicles that combine into Devastator only, and then individual toys of all 6 that transform from bot to vehic, but don't combine into Dev. I guess then the only rational question would be why the "F" not?!?! Sounds like a selling scam to me...then I guess sometime in early 2010 we'll finally get the set that everyone wants? WTF, Hasbro... :suck

Yeah, as of right now (based off the info we have now)- I may buy a couple constructicons (the longhaul concept work we saw a while ago was damn cool as well), but that's it.

After making I don't even know how many combining robots over the last 25 years, we're now apparently being treated to the lamest one ever in honor of the movie.

FYI - You are seeing things right. That IS the $100 Devastator shown and it is NOT worth it. Technically, they do TF into limbs and stuff. :fail

Devastator-(Robot)__scaled_500.jpg

Sorry, we are scrambling to post stuff and will be updating reports. So keep reloading. We'll have more pics of Devy posted up real soon as well.

FYI - You are seeing things right. That IS the $100 Devastator shown and it is NOT worth it. :tflaugh

:pfx

I'd rather buy the individual Constructicons.

Show-akkur8 Constructicons >>>>> non-robotmode Constructicons. :fail

Wow.. neat stuff. Mudflap looks a lil :hammer but with a name like Mudflap, I guess it's expected. I really like how Leader Prime slimed down this time! Looking foward to that one with interests.

Okay slipping back towards apathy with these movie figs.

Aside from Soundwave and the scouts, I'm just not feeling anything for these other bots. For Breakaway, it's yay for a new jet mold but the head in the stomach just looks odd. I like the oafish look the twins have, but that's about it. Not really keen on how they look in either mode.

FYI - You are seeing things right. That IS the $100 Devastator shown and it is NOT worth it. Technically, they do TF into limbs and stuff. :fail

Devastator-(Robot)__scaled_500.jpg

Sorry, we are scrambling to post stuff and will be updating reports. So keep reloading. We'll have more pics of Devy posted up real soon as well.

Thanks for the confirmation...now, got anything for depression? :suicide

Archived