Toy Fair 2009 - First Look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Action Figures

MISP Steve

After popping my eyes back into there sockets, I can now see to write about DEVASTATOR! So I'm not completely clear on a couple of things...do any or all of these vehicles transform into individual bots? I know that Scavenger does, but I also see what appears to be a reformatted Bonecrusher (check out the bulldozer dude's head...it's very reminiscent!).

I noticed that the Scavenger picture included with this story is significantly different than the one which has a bot mode. They're probably two separate figures. I really don't know what to think about Devastator... I agree that they didn't make things clear on whether or not the actual Devastator components have individual robot modes. I really hope that Hasbro will produce two versions of Devastator that we can buy. One that is made up of all the normal voyager figures that lacks sound and electronics, and the other which only has vehicle modes but keeps the electronics. Although, i doubt this will happen...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess I might save $100 based on those pics :fail Devastator so far reminds me of how combiners were depicted on the Energon anime, which just peeved me.

Sadly NO none of the Devistator set can transform on their own. the red guy and the yellow guy are stand alone and are not part of the set.

edit: it seems some one else beat me to informing him oh well.

still at least we are all $100 better off

It would seem that the fully-combined Devastator is made from those non-transforming vehicles in the gallery (that's right, except for Rampage there). This could mean that we'll be getting 3 different Devastators: one laughable FAB, one fairly sturdy one made from vehicles lacking robot modes, and the HUGE one made from the fully transformable figures. I don't doubt the "2 feet tall" comment from a while back at this point.

Now, the twins are interesting. They both have lop-sided heads, and one arm that's significantly larger than the other. Lateral combiners, maybe?

Lastly, Breakaway: Definitely mistransformed, probably an alt-mode of an F-35 Lightning-II

I will get every single one of the TRANSFORMING bots! Devastator on the other hand (unless they don't plan on shown a combined mode till after every individual bot is released, say in a later wave) I don't plan on shelling 100$ for something that doesnt ever transform. I even plan on getting "the twins" no matter how Fugly they are.

People!

I need a definitive answer! Will the big devastator be composed of TRANSFORMABLE robots or not? I WILL NOT pay $100 bucks for a glorified Power Rangers megazord!

So should I get that operation for my mother, or should I save for that Devastator?

--The Stryker

best thing to do is to hold off on judgment until AFTER all the information is revealed. It does look like at least one Dev set is made of non-transforming vehicles that combine. Based on THAT image though, it should look pretty fraking sweet to see him in the movie. Also the autobot jets if there is more than just Jetfire.

So if the ones that we see form Dev (not the dorky FAB figure, but the 'real' one) don't transform into bots, then what's up with the Rampage bot? Not clear on why they'd just choose Rampage & Scavenger to transform into separate bot releases, but not be a part of the Dev fig that we're seeing. This is freakin' confusing!!! Need more info Hasbro!

Archived