Rumor: Season 3 Will Spell the End of Animated

Mom

So far as I'm reading it this is just a rumor: TFA will go no farther than S3.

'He tell me' is what they say and no one official is confirming or denying so grain of salt....

As far as Marty's employment status: dude on another board says he did an interview with Marty a while back and received an e-mail from the man directly stating that he was told to pack his things.

:shrug

Animated's cool but I'd welcome a new incarnation anytime and I'm not sure what to think about Eisenburgs job loss.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Transformers_Animated-28-29-A_Bridge_TooClose_421__scaled_100.jpg
The third season of Transformers: Animated could be the series' swan song, Transformers World 2005 reports, citing an anonymous source that seems to have learned it from several other, unnamed sources. The website reports that they have shopped around this rumor, receiving mostly "no comment" replies, or were simply "unwilling to confirm or deny" this rumor. Jump in for more.
Read the Full News Story Here

i hope this isn't true.

i won't be devastated if it is true. but, in my opinion, this line had some really great toys come out of it. hopefully we'll get a lot of cool stuff with the season three characters. if i can get animated hot rod and arcee figures i'll be satisfied.

Thats a shame, if true. I've really enjoyed the toys AND the show. The first time I can say that since being a child watching and playing with G1. I loved Beast Wars, the show, but meh on the toys. A/E/C was OK on toys, horrible on shows. RID was OK on show, great on toys.

ah well, we'll see what happens!

I don't understand this. Are kids not watching the show? I thought they were. Are the toys warming the shelves? not in my city. Are they worried about clashing with the movie? seems like it would just increase interest.

wouldn't they just cancel the show before the third season if the show/toys were failing? So the only explaination to why they would stop after the next season is that hasbro has the next show waiting in the wings. but that is the whole "bird in the hand verse two in the bush"

Probably to make a more movie-verse show. That's one way to cure me of my toy addiction.

I hope this isn't true.

Yeah, but lets face it. It wasn't this good.

And it wasn't preceded by 5 years of unwatchable schlok.

I guess that's kind of a bummer...but in Internetland...you can't really trust squat! With the ever-changing entertainment climate, it wouldn't surprise me if they cooked up some new show. It would be nice to see an ongoing show based on the Movie-verse, but I can't really comment on that possibility since we haven't seen a story set-up for the new flick yet. Plus, I assume we'll at least get a trilogy when it comes down to the movies. I'd hate like hell to see them make a cartoon based off the second TF flick, then ignore it (story-wise) when other future flicks come out.

After seeing all the preview stuff for Animated and knowing all the potential loose ends they gotta wrap up with the stories, I hope (if this is indeed the end) they don't make the last season rushed or crammed. I know some people didn't care for Animated, in general, but it would be sad to see it go so soon.

Archived