WIP Classics Wheeljack by OptimalRodimus

Garage Mod

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added some more pics of a mostly complete Wheeljack. Unfortunately, I goofed up the paintjob. Its so thick he cant be transformed into a car without totally ruining the paint and causing it to chip off. I think next time I will be handpainting and not using Krylon Fusion. I think that Ive gotten some valuable experience doing this mod so it wasnt a total loss.

For some reason, it reminds me more of G1 Downshift than it does G1 Wheeljack. Looks go, nevertheless!

wait until the racing details are applied, I thought the exact same thing about mine whilst waiting for reprolabels

:deadhorse

It looks nice, but I hate the Sunstreaker mold.

WHY? It's one of my favorite molds. It's just so versatile. There are about 12 different characters that it can be used for.

Good job so far OR.

not to mention I discovered another two it could work for, Boss and Hurricane

Thanks.

I will hopefully post some more, better quality shots here soon. I havent had alot of time lately to work on it, and I am really struggling with getting the paint to stick in some spots during transformation. I still need to get the hang of painting joints, etc. or this is all going to get VERY frustrating.

Thanks.

I will hopefully post some more, better quality shots here soon. I havent had alot of time lately to work on it, and I am really struggling with getting the paint to stick in some spots during transformation. I still need to get the hang of painting joints, etc. or this is all going to get VERY frustrating.

What color do you want the joints? If black then just use a sharpie.

The ball portion isnt the problem, and it isnt just ball and socket joints. The specific parts that I am talking about are the spots where the windshield connects to the top of the hood, the shoulder connections, the doors where they connect on both sides, pretty much ANY spot where there is heavy friction or clicking a piece of plastic into place. The paint just keeps chipping off in those spots. I sanded them down some like you suggested but that didnt seem to help much.

I read something in Jin's painting guide about using the superglue shield method but he never really elaborates on it. I assume he means covering the area in question with a very thin superglue coat and letting it set.

The ball portion isnt the problem, and it isnt just ball and socket joints. The specific parts that I am talking about are the spots where the windshield connects to the top of the hood, the shoulder connections, the doors where they connect on both sides, pretty much ANY spot where there is heavy friction or clicking a piece of plastic into place. The paint just keeps chipping off in those spots. I sanded them down some like you suggested but that didnt seem to help much.

I read something in Jin's painting guide about using the superglue shield method but he never really elaborates on it. I assume he means covering the area in question with a very thin superglue coat and letting it set.

Well like I said what color are you trying to make them? If you want them to be black then sharpies are your best bet, and they come in so many varying thicknesses so you can get in the smallest areas.

Archived