First Looks at Voyager Hydrodrive Bumblebee and Grimlock Redeco

MISP Steve

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me thinks they should upsize more figures *cough*voyagersentinelprime/snarl*cough*leaderlugnut/grimlock*cough* than just bumblebee...dont get me wrong, i mean that color scheme on grimlock is savvy but what will i do with a(nother) puny grimlock?

hmm, both are looking pretty good to me. Bumblebee, I like the new basic robot mode, seems like he's retooled to clear up a lot of the original dlx's issues, so that may be worth it. Like the armored vehicle mode, it's neat looking and as has been noticed seems to be an homage to cybertronian bumblebee. Not digging the armored robot mode, but hey, if the other modes are solid I can take one mode on a multiformer that isn't so hot, (and it appears that this bee has at least 4 modes.)

Grimlock, you know, I never really go the first version. I got G2 Grimlock, classics grimlock, Energon Grimlock, and War Within Grimlock, and intend to get the upcoming MP grimlock. So it came down to "how many grimlocks do I really need?" Add to that that Animated Grimlock (and the dinobots in general) have yet to do anything neat or distinctive except hang out on their island, I'm not so impressed with the animated iteration of the character. (yeah, I'm still nursing a grudge that they didn't come into play in "Megatron Rising part 2". It seems like a weird twist. "Hey, let's totally set up the dinobots in part 1, say they won't fight, crash the ship on the island, make it painfully obvious that the Dinobots could and should show up for the fight, and then NOT DO IT! What a twist! Get the fans all excited about something neat that seems like it could and is about to happen, and then not let it happen! yeah! What a shocking twist!)

But, all that to say that I like the Golf-ire colors on Grimlock. It's not G1-y, (because the original already was,) but it is kinda neat looking. This may be a case of skipping version one and waiting for the redeco. (I employ this strategy whenever I'm on the fence about a mold. The second deco is usually nicer looking, even if it isn't show accurate.)

But enough of this. When am I going to see Arcee pics?

Wow, that was a really good post! I like your insight on that dude! ^_^

I was gonna pass on BB till I noticed the G1 Possibilities.

As for the gold Grim lock Paaasss-

Wait, Gold and Black? Like the Elite Guard BB I passed on Gold and Black?

Hmmm.

Maybe a theme?

Maybe lots of gold and black repaints? Bulkhead? Ratchet? Prowl! Prowl is already Gold and Black!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Now I have to go out and snag an Elite Bumblebee!

Forgetting Lockdown.... hmmm, you MIGHT be on to something.

Although I've made a vow to stand clear of purchasing repaints in the Animated line...I must admit, these are neat. Grimlock is neat to look at, but I would never repurchase the mold. Hydrodrive BB is actually almost tempting! I really like the new add-on armor. Aw, hell...maybe I'll have to get this guy after all!

Archived