Review: Universe Hound Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Old favorites continue to appear for the 25th anniversary commemorative lineup. For this round, we look at Hound who has picked up an unwanted hitchhiker named Ravage! Check out both alt and robot modes for these guys by reading the review

Folding the front wheels in will hold the "missile Launcher" in place. Tavagelooks funny because you have him posed funny. Straighten out his rear legs so that his hip missiles actually face forward and the tail won't look out of place.

I agree completely. He looks better with the wheels in, and it helps hold his projector in place. Still, it sits kind of loosely and falls off if you touch the wheel sometimes. Ravage does indeed look great if posed right. better than G1 in fact; less 2d looking. I had to dremmel his beak into 4 little teeth and paint them and his rockets silver though.

Hound's white seats that make his thighs looked out of place so I painted them the same gunmetal as the other parts and the insides of the seats black.

By the way I dig the In Flames quote Mom.

The head on mine is fine. I'm guessing maybe you got a bad one off the manufacturing belt. :(

Keeping the wheels folded behind his head helps keep his gun mounted to his shoulder better, although they could have done a better job to keep that in place. One thing that amuses me a lot about this figure is they kept his HUGE feet in tact. I didn't remember the original had huge feet. I looked it up after thinking "Damn...Hound's got some size 18 triple wide feet happening" only to notice that the original toy had the same huge feet. It doesn't take anything away from the toy itself though, it's just very amusing.

I was a little disappointed in Ravage. It's a nice update to the original character, but that head just bugs me. Overall, Hound is a great figure and very much worth the $9.99 price point (or $7.77 if you catch some Wal-Mart sales).

Hound and Cyclonus are easily the stars of the first 25th Anniversary wave. I really kinda dig that "cartoony" feel hound has all over. He's just a joy to play with. I would not mind seeing a Swindle repaint out of this mold...maybe replace Ravage with a big cannon possibly give him a new head, and viola! Probably won't happen any time soon, since he'd end up being too similar to Animated Swindle. Oh, well.

Hound and Cyclonus are easily the stars of the first 25th Anniversary wave. I really kinda dig that "cartoony" feel hound has all over. He's just a joy to play with. I would not mind seeing a Swindle repaint out of this mold...maybe replace Ravage with a big cannon possibly give him a new head, and viola! Probably won't happen any time soon, since he'd end up being too similar to Animated Swindle. Oh, well.

I can see a Swindle happening first to act as a homage to the E-hobby G1 hound repaint but since the name Detritus isnt well know and given how both are so close in colours I can see Swindle being used as a stand in plus Swindle was a Hound remould in the alt line so its not like it would be the first time it would of happened. As for Ravage I'd say paint it blue or while/sky blue to act as the E-hobby/Kiss play ravage repaints

Archived