Goktimus Prime

How should customs be counted?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Counting customs

• All customs count
    • Repaints and slight retools count but kitbashes don't
    • Only repaints/retools for repair & cosmetic improvement count
    • None of them count

I agree with Hunter....this is all a bit semantic.

How is it anti jewish?

WTF?

Who cares? I will count every Effing TF I have in my collection, repaints, remolds homemade, store bought or otherwise and if that offends you and your :wang measuring contest well then you can bug off!

Is this really important? Is this really why we collect Transformers?

In fact -I'm going to count my Invader Zim figures in my "collection" as well, what are you going to do about it?

Then you should include KO Transformers as well as long as they are the same size as the originals, as they are often different colours.

I think that if you are including Customs in a collection count they should be listed as separate entities.

So

400 Official

3 Customs

2 Kitbashes

5 Kockoffs.

he doesn't give a hoot

me neither

i'm all up for helping with a new method (OCD = i liek counting stuffs) but this "article" system doesn't work at all

I dont know, I am one of those who counts Minicon 3 packs as 3 separate transformers, the X with Minicon Y as two distinct items.

But it seems weird that people who dont care try to join a discussion relevant only to those who do..

if you'd actually read my post (at a whopping 3 lines) you'd see that i do care about this very much - i just disagree with the method

this "custom" debate falls under 2 categories:

• A: do junkers/incomplete bots (C7+ or w/e it is) count?
  • B: do doubles count?

if A = yes then customs count

if B = yes then the original unmodified bot can be counted too

it really is that simple

i still think a "checklist" method would be far more logical... just saying

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this is really moot if you're not canvassing the same people each year; especially that other thread with the pie chart. Your results *will* be inaccurate.

< is a social communications researcher

Well, the douche that paid 4 grand for it certainly shouldn't be able to count it because he has one and I don't.

Yeah only the creators of bashes should be able to count them.

Wait, I have some customs I bought because Hasbro didnt make them. Why can't I count them?

All this is really moot if you're not canvassing the same people each year; especially that other thread with the pie chart. Your results *will* be inaccurate.

That's a valid point. How / what would you call it with a changing constituency?

All this is looking to do is give people some guidelines to count things. Just like the "C" ratings, even then there are disagreements over exactly what is C8 or C10. None the less, the system is extremely useful for helping people to grade toys.

Well, the douche that paid 4 grand for it certainly shouldn't be able to count it because he has one and I don't.

Yeah only the creators of bashes should be able to count them.

Wait, I have some customs I bought because Hasbro didnt make them. Why can't I count them?

< is a social communications researcher

That's a valid point. How / what would you call it with a changing constituency?

All this is looking to do is give people some guidelines to count things. Just like the "C" ratings, even then there are disagreements over exactly what is C8 or C10. None the less, the system is extremely useful for helping people to grade toys.

But condition and quality of the items are a tangible commodity.

How big is your wang collection - not so much.

Here's my question: If we are just talking about how many TFs members on this board have.

What if Collector A has purchased TFA-Vgr Prime 20 times, And 1 Custom Designed HeartsofSteel Engine Prime.

And Collector B has 20 Different Vgr Figures?

Who's collection counts? I get the impression that by using this chart - person B would be allowed to claim 20 Transformers in their collection.

Meanwhile A would only be able to claim 1 1/3 figures.(depending on what you all think my custom is worth).

But both collectors are obviously passionate about their hobby and Collector A has spent just as much if not MANY TIMES more Money and energy on his collection of MIBs and Customs.

Shouldnt' the count simply be:

A = 21

B = 20

??

What's the tangible effect of adding "articles" and "rules" to what should be simple arithmetic? How do you tell people like Jin and F_R and DLP and VTS that they actually only own like 3 transformers cause the other 1-Billion figures in their collection don't meet some

obtuse counting scheme?

What's the tangible effect of adding "articles" and "rules" to what should be simple arithmetic? How do you tell people like Jin and F_R and DLP and VTS that they actually only own like 3 transformers cause the other 1-Billion figures in their collection don't meet some

obtuse counting scheme?

:schin You might be reading too much into this.

IMO, this just trying to resolve some more general issues like, does a pack of 3 Mini-cons count as one or three? Etc, etc.

I dont think customs should count as they are one of a kind itens and non-official.

I think they must be considered in a second list for every collector.

I consider, for example, my alts repaints as part of my personal alt collection and they are alltogether on the shelf. But is somebody ask me how many I have, I say "I have X alts and X customs"

I agree with Hunter....this is all a bit semantic.

How is it anti jewish?

WTF?

Who cares? I will count every Effing TF I have in my collection, repaints, remolds homemade, store bought or otherwise and if that offends you and your :wang measuring contest well then you can bug off!

Is this really important? Is this really why we collect Transformers?

In fact -I'm going to count my Invader Zim figures in my "collection" as well, what are you going to do about it?

Then you should include KO Transformers as well as long as they are the same size as the originals, as they are often different colours.

I think that if you are including Customs in a collection count they should be listed as separate entities.

So

400 Official

3 Customs

2 Kitbashes

5 Kockoffs.

he doesn't give a hoot

me neither

i'm all up for helping with a new method (OCD = i liek counting stuffs) but this "article" system doesn't work at all

I dont know, I am one of those who counts Minicon 3 packs as 3 separate transformers, the X with Minicon Y as two distinct items.

But it seems weird that people who dont care try to join a discussion relevant only to those who do..

i still think a "checklist" method would be far more logical... just saying

like shmax.com?

I use the 'If Hasbro/Takara gave it a name on the package, then its counted as an individual bot' method. Every minicon is counted individually, every bot is counted individually. I'm ok with customs and such being counted because technically, the core body is still an authentic Transformer (in most cases).

I dont think customs should count as they are one of a kind itens and non-official.

I think they must be considered in a second list for every collector.

I consider, for example, my alts repaints as part of my personal alt collection and they are alltogether on the shelf. But is somebody ask me how many I have, I say "I have X alts and X customs"

i agree customs dont count on an official list,but should count on an over-all list

Archived