1. 1. Counting customs

• All customs count
    • Repaints and slight retools count but kitbashes don't
    • Only repaints/retools for repair & cosmetic improvement count
    • None of them count

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but once its not a pure tf, it still has 3/5 counting purpose but it cannot be on the same shelf with Hasbro/TT tf's from real series'. it must be confined to a seperate class set up just for customs.

Well it can be on the same shelf it just ceased being a Transformer toy and now is a pure work of art.

DN, Nomolos and Beastimus. I see you guys are posting off topic and flambaiting here. :bann The offending posts have been removed.

ALL of you have already been warned to clean up your acts and be nice to people. I can see you don't get it do you?

I was not trying to flamebait or get offtopic. if it appears so then I apologize and will edit my posts. I personally feel that customs should count but understand that some people do not. so I was trying to get as much credit to count toward a custom as possible. but not making a univeral rule about customs and how much of customization is too much.

if I have alt optimus and I turn him into alt ironhide but still have alt optimus too, that's 2 figures. period. I'm willing to count it as less for the sake of this system, but not as zero.

I apologize if my comments earlier were rude.

Freefall is right - I should know better than to click into a thread that doesn't pertain to me.

I will recant my earlier post to say that this kind of collecting does not appeal to me at all...

I will say this:

I like TFs, I have a loose count of how many I have, and sometimes I change them back and forth from car to robot and back...

Anymore than that sucks the fun out of it for me...

That's not mean to be mean - that's just statement of fact, and on topic since we are discussing categorizing collections.

If I might be a tad off-topic here - I would be more interested in knowing how many collectors mix their collections up a bit and mix-N-Match. Who, if anyone, has Mario Bros. fighting Megatron on Castle Greyskull?

That's much more intersting for me than who has their collection alphabatized by serial number....

I was not trying to flamebait or get offtopic. if it appears so then I apologize and will edit my posts. I personally feel that customs should count but understand that some people do not. so I was trying to get as much credit to count toward a custom as possible. but not making a univeral rule about customs and how much of customization is too much.

if I have alt optimus and I turn him into alt ironhide but still have alt optimus too, that's 2 figures. period. I'm willing to count it as less for the sake of this system, but not as zero.

Problem being, you have 1 Optimus and 1 work of art. In the same way that a Custom car is only Based on the chassis of the VW Golf..

hmm not to complicate things but would you include Robot Heroes or Revoltech in this count or would it only be those that transform.

I was not trying to flamebait or get offtopic. if it appears so then I apologize and will edit my posts.

Thanks, for the quick updates. Sorry, but it looked like a setup with the other posts from DN and BM. They did the same thing in another post. Grow up you two!

I was not trying to flamebait or get offtopic. if it appears so then I apologize and will edit my posts.

Thanks, for the quick updates. Sorry, but it looked like a setup with the other posts from DN and BM. They did the same thing in another post. Grow up you two!

I was just stating my opinion, which I thought was okay to do.

Remember folks:

1. There's no such thing as a "right" or "wrong" way to count your Transformers. Everyone has a different opinion on how to count them. It's entirely arbitrary and subjective. Having said that, the Universal Counting Method is based on democracy... rather than the will of an individual these rules are based on the will of the majority of voters. There are articles in the UCM that I personally don't agree with, but I will abide by what the majority have voted on as what should and shouldn't count in a TF collection.

2. The Universal Counting Method was created for the purposes of the annual survey poll. For this poll to work we needed a common method of counting TFs in order for comparative data to work. The UCM purely exists for the purposes of comparing TF collections for the poll... otherwise you can count your Transformers however you like.

3. If you truly detest the UCM - don't use it and don't participate in the annual survey! The annual collection census is voluntary. If you choose to participate in the survey then you must use the UCM for it. Otherwise I'm not going to take any personal offence if anyone doesn't want to partake in the annual census.

'kay thanks. Play nice. :)

Archived