Review: Universe Cheetor Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
It seems Hasbro has given us several versions of the Beast Wars character known as Cheetor. And each time something was either slightly (or extremely) off. To commemorate 25yrs of Transformers, Hasbro gives us another interpretation of the speedy Maximal. Check out the latest offering in this review

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No seriously. AVOID THIS TOY. I bought him because I like the Cheetor character. I was a huge Beast Wars fan and have every version of him. Although the beast mode is alright, it's not his best, and not very poseable. The robot mode is outright terrible. Big floppy feet, the huge hunch back, crazy kibble, his arms are restricted by the shell of his beast arms, loose hold on the weapons, and so not true to the original. When did Cheetor have throwing stars? Although Transmetal Cheetor and TM2 Cheetor had a metal tail whip weapon, is it really okay to have a soft furry one now? This toy loses points with me just for how badly it insults the older versions alone. Sadly, as disappointing as he is, I'm thinking Universe Dinobot will be his equal in suckdom. I would have to give him a 3 out of 10 and anything below a 5 is a waste of money in my opinion.

Also, this could have been a great toy. If you have him in hand, you can actually see where a bit more trimming and leaving out the gimmicks would have made him decent in both modes.

I got my Cheetor with a coupon from HasbroToyShop.com. It's okay, but there's no way it can be said that this new toy is better than the original Cheetor. I don't think people should waste money on the Henkei version just because it has a chromed head, the mold isn't worth the extra money.

A retooled version of the origional would have been much better.

The alt is patchy, but kinda cool.

The bot has some nice features like the stars, but in the end just fails. Prowl, Hound, SideSwipe, Cyclonus, all spot on updates, Cheetor(as well as SunStreaker) is a reimagined fail.

They should have stuck to the basics. In the past we've seen alot more with less, but this just seems to be another one of those times where they gave up half way through.

I found this guy (and ONLY this guy) at Target today. I purchased him as a "consolation" prize of sorts (I'm sorry you didn't find hound - here take this instead you loser).

And wow - he is bad.

:tflaugh You know, if I didn't have Cheetor already that's exactly what I would have done today.

Question, outside of a few versions(the first, TM, Night Slash, and Titanium) this guy has been pretty much a fail, so I ask, how does he keep coming back?

Same goes for Hot Shot!?!

Question, outside of a few versions(the first, TM, Night Slash, and Titanium) this guy has been pretty much a fail, so I ask, how does he keep coming back?

That probably happens because Cheetor is one of the original Beast Wars characters. It's probably for no other reason than that.

That probably happens because Cheetor is one of the original Beast Wars characters. It's probably for no other reason than that.

I'd give you that but BW had alot of origional figures that where alot cooler(Rattrap, Scorponok, Terrasaur, Inferno, Quickstrike, Depthcharge, Tigerhawk, Rampage, hell just about anyone).

Honestly, this figure isn't quite all THAT bad. There is a lot leg articulation in this review that isn't covered, in fact this beast mode is WAY more articulated then any of the previous incarnations of this toy. Shoulders, elbows, ankles and there's a spot on the legs that folds to give you more articulation while in beast mode that isn't even being used in these pictures...that being said, the bot mode IS an atrocity. Nearly the entire front to mid torso of the cheetah is hanging off Cheetors back, his biceps are actually shorter than his forearms which makes him look quite disproportioned and yeah, those shell halves on his arms...don't do ANYTHING to make him look better. This is actually a figure that may be better (in looks at least) in the Japanese version and MAY be just a bit better to buy that way instead...otherwise, if there was a deluxe you may want to akip to save some cash...this is probably it.

Archived