Review: Universe Inferno Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Universe finally gets it's first original mold Voyager class figure! As part of the 25th Anniversary commemoration, Inferno is given the Universe treatment, trading in his ladder for a water cannon. Take a look at this figure by reading the review here

Sweet. Must have for sure, I have a few incarnations of Inferno and this will be a great addition.

wow...that is how that energon figure should have looked...

I can't see how it's different...

Have him. Doing what I normally do with a new TF, I kind of put the instructions to the side and attempted it myself. Got it right 95% save for a few folds and twists.

But it wasn't until I was looking at the directions that I found an easier (and the intended) way of getting his head up. If you're looking at him from his front, if you pull the left light bar forward, it releases the catch and his head flips up. This way you don't risk breaking the figure by pressing down on the forward part of the tab on the roof.

I was lucky enough to get in a pre-order at Hasbro Toy Shop a few weeks ago and I just got him lat week. He's a great figure and LOOKS like you think Inferno should when you think of him.

One thing I did notice that (to me) helps the figure visually is when you fold the door panels in, the instructions show them hanging off the side of the arms. I found that if you fold them down the back of the arms they actually lock into place and greatly reduces the kibble factor of them just hanging off the shoulders. The only downside is that it does limit the arm posing a little but I think it's worth the trade-off.

The only real downer about this figure is you can't remove the water cannon as a hand weapon. It just makes Inferno look like he's trying to copy Megatron or even Animated Swindle.

Other than that, it's a faboo figure!!!

I got Inferno from Hasbro's store. I like the toy a lot.

I wonder why this toy is sold as a tribute to G2? Is it because the original G2 Inferno had that water gun feature and now this one has a water cannon.

Archived